Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common-Law Application Status Medical Clarification

Common-Law Application Status Medical Clarification

Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

bravecaptain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common-Law Application Status Medical Clarification

Hello,

I have a quick question about the exact meaning of the medical status on my application (Spousal - Common-Law. I am from the UK and my partner is Canadian but we both currently live together in NZ).

The screenshot below shows my current application status;

At the time of submitting the application I had not carried out an up-front medical and was going to wait until such a time that it was requested. Due to an unexpected change in circumstance I am about to go travelling for several weeks so decided to do a medical in the event that I was overseas and unable to have the correct medical carried out when CIC requested it. I submitted the medical results, e-medical number etc to CIC and last week was informed that they had been passed on to the correct office. Within 48 hours I then received a new message requesting my medical be carried out (message titled 'Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)') and the update to my application status as seen above. It went from saying we will request a medical if required straight to medical results under review without a middle step saying that a medical had been requested/awaiting medical results, which is where my confusion arises.

My question based on other people's experience is whether this status means they have received the medical submitted prior to the latest message and are reviewing it or do I still need to submit a further medical in response? The wording would suggest the former but I don't want to run afoul of the 30 day time limit on medical submission if any further action is required. Where is the best place to contact to receive clarification on this from CIC directly?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 4th 2017, 3:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common-Law Application Status Medical Clarification

If it were me, I'd respond to the email request if you can, failing that submit a CSE and/or an email (contact info is in the FAQ) and explain exactly what you've written here. Include proof of having completed your medical. If I had to guess, CIC just hasn't connected the relevant dots yet, hence the request. I'd get that email sent off ASAP to allow yourself some time for them to reply.