Commom assault help

Old Jan 12th 2018, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Cburns85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Commom assault help

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If she gets a skilled job (level B would count), then you would get an open work permit for the same duration as her IEC.

It's a bit of a risk, particularly with a family and the huge cost of moving over in the first place, but as you can see from the CRS points, if she worked in Canada for a year, her points would increase and she'd be able to apply for PR, so it's a good way to get over there without her having to find a sponsoring employer.

HTH.
so the equivelent job in canada to what she is qualified for here is a class B on the NOC job match so if she could get a job over in canada for what she does here that would mean i could also work for the same duration then we could apply for pr neering the end of the IEC and both of us would have points for canadian work experience? if so this may be a plan i get its risky but as long as with the work experience would put us over the points we would need i cant see why we wouldnt get accepted for pr anyway after that duration. so there may be light at the end of the tunnel yet.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

But there's no point in paying £350 or so for your ECA's if she won't be scoring anywhere near enough anyway, even with the diploma - do check it first, at least to give yourself a rough idea and make sure you're eligible before you start spending!
1. At this point in time it is sort of pointless to waste time and money for ECA and IELTs applying if your CRS score is under 400. There are over 21,000 in the pool with a score over 400. 11.000 of those have over 421.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. At this point in time it is sort of pointless to waste time and money for ECA and IELTs applying if your CRS score is under 400. There are over 21,000 in the pool with a score over 400. 11.000 of those have over 421.
Well, yes, that was kind of my point. Turns pit the OP's wife isn't scoring enough so they're on to Plan B.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

i was looking earlier at work but was so busy i couldnt do it properly so i just took some time when i got back from work to look again and if my wifes diploma is counted on the ECA then we get 416 points however if it doesnt and the ECA only counts her GCSE's then we only get 328 which is not even in the same relm so it will depend if the ECA Counts the 2 year collage diploma as education or not.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cburns85
i was looking earlier at work but was so busy i couldnt do it properly so i just took some time when i got back from work to look again and if my wifes diploma is counted on the ECA then we get 416 points however if it doesnt and the ECA only counts her GCSE's then we only get 328 which is not even in the same relm so it will depend if the ECA Counts the 2 year collage diploma as education or not.
The two scores don't match up - a diploma wouldn't give you that many extra points, so if 328 is right then 416 can't be. One of those figures is wrong!

Can you break your scoring down for us?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 12th 2018 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12417645]Can you break your points down? I can't see how you'd get 416 from what you've said?
The two also don't match up - a diploma wouldn't give you that many extra points, so if 328 is right then 416 can't be. One of those figures is

Core/Human capital factorsAge = 100Level of education = 91Study in Canada = undefinedOfficial Languages = 128First Official Language� = 128Second Official Language� = 0Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors� = 319

Spouse factorsLevel of education = 2First Official Languages = 20Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Spouse factors� = 22

Skill transferability factorsEducationA) Official Language proficiency and education = 25B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal� = 25

Foreign work experienceA) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0

Subtotal� = 50

Certificate of qualification� = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors� = 75

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability� = 416

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points� = 0

Grand total� = 416

this is pasted from the calculator.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok, I've just retaken the test and get the same, I think applying for the ECA is crucial! Get cracking on that asap as it takes a few weeks.

Best of luck
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Ok, I've just retaken the test and get the same, I think applying for the ECA is crucial! Get cracking on that asap as it takes a few weeks.

Best of luck
so your now getting 416 yes? so im not loosing my mind lol, and i wasnt looking to apply untill next year i need this year to save funds then next year i can apply im looking at a 3 year plan all in from start to moving there in the next couple of years or so as its all fund depending, unfortunatly im not that rich just yet so need time to save and plan ect
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

so your now getting 416 yes? so im not loosing my mind lol, and i wasnt looking to apply untill next year i need this year to save funds then next year i can apply im looking at a 3 year plan all in from start to moving there in the next couple of years or so as its all fund depending, unfortunatly im not that rich just yet so need time to save and plan ect
You should still apply for the ECA now IMO - if the diploma isn't eligible for points purposes then at least you'll know. Plus if your wife is eligible then you might not want to delay it too long, immigration changes so often that you don't want to risk her losing out on a visa. She won't get an ITA quickly at that level (last time the points went that low was 8 months ago), so you'll have time to prepare & save.

Definitely save as much as poss though, and then double whatever you think you'll spend on the move!
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Christmasoompa, I'd like to say thank you to you on behalf of all the people you help. You're very knowledgeable and so very patient in answering a multitude of questions. You spend a lot of time doing that, entirely as a volunteer and with a busy life yourself. That deserves appreciation
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

You should still apply for the ECA now IMO - if the diploma isn't eligible for points purposes then at least you'll know. Plus if your wife is eligible then you might not want to delay it too long, immigration changes so often that you don't want to risk her losing out on a visa. She won't get an ITA quickly at that level (last time the points went that low was 8 months ago), so you'll have time to prepare & save.

Definitely save as much as poss though, and then double whatever you think you'll spend on the move!
lol well i know i need to show proof of funds that is £23.181 canadian so around 13k pounds thats just proof of funds then theres the actual cost of immigration which can be lord knows what i cant find that info anywhere at all so a lot of saving needs doing at least a year to a year and a half's worth, what is the benchmark at as of now is it 425/435 points? id still be under and hoping it drops so still no guarentee. whilst im on the topic iv been hearing a lot lately on other forums and youtube vids that canadian immigration has recently underwent some changes and are more forthcoming, do you know anything about this i also had this info from an immigration agency.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Christmasoompa, I'd like to say thank you to you on behalf of all the people you help. You're very knowledgeable and so very patient in answering a multitude of questions. You spend a lot of time doing that, entirely as a volunteer and with a busy life yourself. That deserves appreciation
id second that he has been fantastic with me and im very happy people like this exist and are willing to help people like me who have no clue lol so id also like to say thank you so very much.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

lol well i know i need to show proof of funds that is £23.181 canadian so around 13k pounds thats just proof of funds then theres the actual cost of immigration which can be lord knows what i cant find that info anywhere at all
Here you go - http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-735341/ Bear in mind the thread's quite old now, so it's still got lots of useful figures but you'll need to add a chunk for price increases. Bear in mind too that the proof of funds amount goes up every year.

what is the benchmark at as of now is it 425/435 points?
Last draw was 446 points. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html

There's been no major changes recently......which probably means they're due.

HTH.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thanks lovely.