Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Random Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence

Citizenship - Random Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence

Old Feb 9th 2018, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

cecij10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship - Random Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Eviden

Hey Graham 1710

I have another question. When you took your fingerprints, did you send something to IRCC?? How do you know that the agency you went to take your fingerprints sent the results or how can you be sure that these results arrived to IRCC? I my case, I took my fingerprints in Gambit ID, they only sent me a form by email, but that's it. Do I have to send this form that I received from Gambit to IRCC along with all requested documents? Thank you very much.

Ceci
Old Feb 9th 2018, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Re: Citizenship - Random Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Eviden

Originally Posted by tee1
Hey Graham 1710

Would you mind sharing where you got your UK entry/exit records from? I applied for citizenship in Oct and just got my aor Mid Jan. I think that unfortunately I'm for sure going to get either selected for quality assurance or a residence questionnaire as I've lived all over and I want to get a start on gathering docs. Was it a subject access request with the home office? Thankyou
Hey,

Well in theory the quality assurance one I got was random, so you should have the same chance as anyone else of getting that... :-)

But this is what I did to get the entry/exit records, based on a post I found online an an (eventual) email reply from SAS.

Go here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration

Fill out the 'Application for fast track records only' (there's also an info link on how to fill it out). It claims this is a pilot and they're now gathering data to see if it was useful but while they do so, it's technically still available. I believe the pilot is simply the fast track version.

With regards the records required checkbox section, the email reply from SAS advised me to leave that blank and not check any but rather state in a cover letter (see below) what I wanted. I had actually already submitted by the time I received the reply, so I'd actually checked the 'IT Records' at it sounded like the closest match, lol. But I did also write a cover letter to explicitly state what I wanted.

As I mentioned above, I included a cover letter. It simply stated what I was including (completed fast track form, copy of current passport identity page and copy of driving license - they needed 2 forms of ID), and then a quick sentence stating that I was submitting this form to request my UK entry and exit records as part of my Canadian citizenship application. I then included a quick note why I picked IT records (basically I thought that was the most relevant to requesting entry/exit records), but that's irrelevant if you don't check that. Lastly, I had a sentence mentioning that I'd included my mother's address as a representative, noting that I wanted the completed forms sent there. My mother lives in the UK, so I figured it'd be quicker than waiting for them to mail back to Canada! Given the QA process required photocopies of these records, I then got her to email me them and she later mailed me the physical copies in case I'm ever asked for them at an interview, etc.

This was all then mailed to them at the address they list. To confirm, no payment was sent as the fast track application didn't require a payment.

As for timeline, they would have received my request on December 21st. My mother received a letter on December 30th (dated December 27th) acknowledging the request. It was very generic as it made reference to the 40 calendar day timeline for the normal request, rather than the 20 days for the fast track application. It also made mention to the payment being processed, even though there is no payment for the fast track application. She then received the entry/exit records on January 22nd (dated January 18th).

Just as an FYI, I wouldn't bother emailing them if you need anything answered urgently. My original email sent on December 20th wasn't answered till January 15th. I then sent a follow-up to that on January 15th and still haven't heard back (perhaps they won't bother since they've now sent the records and I was just following up about them).

Let me know if you have any specific questions as to what I filled in, ticked, etc. and I'll check to see what I did.

Hopefully you get lucky and don't need to bother with this!!

Graham.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cecij10
Hey Graham 1710

I have another question. When you took your fingerprints, did you send something to IRCC?? How do you know that the agency you went to take your fingerprints sent the results or how can you be sure that these results arrived to IRCC? I my case, I took my fingerprints in Gambit ID, they only sent me a form by email, but that's it. Do I have to send this form that I received from Gambit to IRCC along with all requested documents? Thank you very much.

Ceci
Hey,

I used Fingerprinting Services – Toronto and Scarborough, Canada | Canadian Police Clearance and Fingerprinting Services (an affiliate of ClearNeed, whoa re on the official list at Who can conduct a Criminal Record Check? | Royal Canadian Mounted Police).

As far as me receiving anything from them, absolutely nothing other than a receipt that I paid. I did ask (on more than once occasion to be sure!) and he assured me it would be sent directly. I think it goes to RCMP first, who then sent to IRCC, but I forget. One thing I made sure to do was check it'd go to the right office. Apparently for him, most of his customers are processed at the St. Clair office downtown, even though he's right across the street from the Scarborough office! So he had to look it up to make sure he could send to the correct one. I understand this is the normal process, but it would be nice to receive confirmation :-)

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing that it happened! On my cover letter after submitting all my QA items, I made mention near the top of the date and location/company of where I got them done and that they confirmed they would be sending directly. If you only have fingerprints and no other docs to submit directly, I'd personally be tempted to send them a quick letter just letting them know when/where it was done, in case they don't get it and rather think you've just ignored them.

I've not heard anything back yet. I do keep an eye on the Canadavisa forum as well, just because there's many more users that report their progress on a spreadsheet. So far, I've seen a couple (one Montreal based, one Mississauga based) that have had an interview invite after having returned the QA items. They both seemed to get the email about 3-4 weeks after submitting their QA info. However, that's a small data set even bearing in mind the total number of people to receive the QA exercise is small, so not really worth drawing a conclusion on timelines from. That being said, interesting to know and good to see that some others who received this are making some kind of progress.

Hope this helps.

Graham.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham1710
Hey,

Well in theory the quality assurance one I got was random, so you should have the same chance as anyone else of getting that... :-)

But this is what I did to get the entry/exit records, based on a post I found online an an (eventual) email reply from SAS.

Go here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration

Fill out the 'Application for fast track records only' (there's also an info link on how to fill it out). It claims this is a pilot and they're now gathering data to see if it was useful but while they do so, it's technically still available. I believe the pilot is simply the fast track version.

With regards the records required checkbox section, the email reply from SAS advised me to leave that blank and not check any but rather state in a cover letter (see below) what I wanted. I had actually already submitted by the time I received the reply, so I'd actually checked the 'IT Records' at it sounded like the closest match, lol. But I did also write a cover letter to explicitly state what I wanted.

As I mentioned above, I included a cover letter. It simply stated what I was including (completed fast track form, copy of current passport identity page and copy of driving license - they needed 2 forms of ID), and then a quick sentence stating that I was submitting this form to request my UK entry and exit records as part of my Canadian citizenship application. I then included a quick note why I picked IT records (basically I thought that was the most relevant to requesting entry/exit records), but that's irrelevant if you don't check that. Lastly, I had a sentence mentioning that I'd included my mother's address as a representative, noting that I wanted the completed forms sent there. My mother lives in the UK, so I figured it'd be quicker than waiting for them to mail back to Canada! Given the QA process required photocopies of these records, I then got her to email me them and she later mailed me the physical copies in case I'm ever asked for them at an interview, etc.

This was all then mailed to them at the address they list. To confirm, no payment was sent as the fast track application didn't require a payment.

As for timeline, they would have received my request on December 21st. My mother received a letter on December 30th (dated December 27th) acknowledging the request. It was very generic as it made reference to the 40 calendar day timeline for the normal request, rather than the 20 days for the fast track application. It also made mention to the payment being processed, even though there is no payment for the fast track application. She then received the entry/exit records on January 22nd (dated January 18th).

Just as an FYI, I wouldn't bother emailing them if you need anything answered urgently. My original email sent on December 20th wasn't answered till January 15th. I then sent a follow-up to that on January 15th and still haven't heard back (perhaps they won't bother since they've now sent the records and I was just following up about them).

Let me know if you have any specific questions as to what I filled in, ticked, etc. and I'll check to see what I did.

Hopefully you get lucky and don't need to bother with this!!

Graham.

Thankyou so much. One more quick question if you don't mind. Did you have the copy of your passport certified? I read on the normal subject access form that my ID needs to be certified by a solicitor, commissioner of oaths etc like a passport photo would which just seems silly for requesting my own details. If you did not bother maybe its not necessary. Thanks again
Old Feb 10th 2018, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tee1
Thankyou so much. One more quick question if you don't mind. Did you have the copy of your passport certified? I read on the normal subject access form that my ID needs to be certified by a solicitor, commissioner of oaths etc like a passport photo would which just seems silly for requesting my own details. If you did not bother maybe its not necessary. Thanks again
For the entry exit record request? Nope, didn't get anything certified. I don't recall the fast track application asking for anything certified but double check the instructions.

Graham.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Hi Graham1710,

Have you received the invitation from IRCC to take the citizenship test?

Or at least your application status has changed after sending the Quality Assurance documents?

Thank you.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Graham1710,

Have you received the invitation from IRCC to take the citizenship test?

Or at least your application status has changed after sending the Quality Assurance documents?

Thank you.
Nope, nothing yet.

I did notice on another forum (Canadavisa) that a small number have managed to receive a test invite. However, I did note to IRCC on my cover letter that we have an upcoming vacation in the near future, so it is also possible they haven't given me an invite yet due to that.

Graham.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Graham1710,

How are you?

Nothing yet? Any response from CIC??

I've been waiting for 5 weeks and still nothing. It gives me a little anger because they said in the letter that this was not going to cause any delay in our applications, which is not true, because if they had not asked me for this additional information, I would already have received for sure the invitation to present the test.

This really is a bit frustrating
Old Mar 24th 2018, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Graham1710,

How are you?

Nothing yet? Any response from CIC??

I've been waiting for 5 weeks and still nothing. It gives me a little anger because they said in the letter that this was not going to cause any delay in our applications, which is not true, because if they had not asked me for this additional information, I would already have received for sure the invitation to present the test.

This really is a bit frustrating
Hey,

Unfortunately nothing yet either. While it is frustrating (given what the letter said), I'm just trying to forget about it till I hear so then it doesn't annoy me :-)

Graham.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by graham1710
Hey,

Unfortunately nothing yet either. While it is frustrating (given what the letter said), I'm just trying to forget about it till I hear so then it doesn't annoy me :-)

Graham.

Wow, really? After almost 9 weeks still nothing. This delay is incredible and unfair, since there are people who submitted their application 3 months after us and have already passed their exam. :'( :'(
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:16 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, really? After almost 9 weeks still nothing. This delay is incredible and unfair, since there are people who submitted their application 3 months after us and have already passed their exam. :'( :'(
It seems that things have slowed down significantly. Our applications received on 3 January but status is still "Application Received" after 83 days or approaching 3 months so we're chilling out. The Black Hole'll no doubt splutter and cough up one of these days.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

So it would appear we actually have some movement.

I checked my online status today and had this note:

"We sent you a notice on March 22, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 13, 2018 at 8:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

We've just returned from vacation and haven't yet checked the mailbox, but I'm assuming there's something to reflect that in there.

Graham.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now we just need to figure out what to do with our 3 month (more like 3.5 month by the time the test happens) during that time since she's breastfed! Our 2 year old will go to daycare, but it'd be hard with a 3 month old.

I guess our options are:
- See if our daycare lady can take both kids!
- Bring along a friend (no relatives here, unfortunately) to sit in the waiting room with her

From what I gather, it's a hard no on bringing any kids of any age into the test room.

Graham.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

And just to confirm, the letters (dated March 22nd) arrived yesterday.

Better get the studying back underway :-)
Old Jun 29th 2018, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey all,

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone that happens to come back to it looking for info. We've now had our oath date scheduled (according to the online status anyway, as we've not yet received the letter or email), so it's almost at an end!

To confirm, this is for the Scarborough office. So ultimately, despite the exercise, they do still seem to be keeping to similar timelines to everyone else (based on October applicants now starting to get oath invites for Scarborough on another forum I watch).

Application sent: October 12th, 2017
Application Received: October 16th, 2017
AOR: November 22nd, 2017
In Process: December 4th, 2017
PPQ-QA Received: December 19th, 2017 (sent date was December 9th, 2017)
PPQ-QA Completed & Sent: January 23rd, 2018 (received January 24th, 2017)
Test Invite Received: March 28th, 2018 (sent date was March 22nd, 2018)
Test Date: April 13th, 2018
Decision Made: May 23rd, 2018
Oath Invite Sent: June 27th, 2018 (ECAS showed 5th line on June 28th, 2018; not yet received email or letter)
Oath Date: July 19th, 2018