Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

EE Application deadline reduced back to 60 days

EE Application deadline reduced back to 60 days

Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:08 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EE Application deadline reduced back to 60 days

IRCC have reduced the amount of time for new candidates to submit their completed application from 90 days back to 60 as it was a couple of years ago.

From the IRCC website:

New deadline to complete your permanent resident application

The deadline to submit your application for permanent residence is now 60 days.
  • If you were invited to apply before June 26, 2018, you still have 90 days to complete your application.
  • If you’re invited to apply after June 26, 2018, you’ll have 60 days to complete your application.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

aerivona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE Application deadline reduced back to 60 days

That really sucks because my husband's US police check took like 80 days to arrive so we managed to submit our application with only a few days to spare.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 3:54 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aerivona
That really sucks because my husband's US police check took like 80 days to arrive so we managed to submit our application with only a few days to spare.
Agreed. I'd strongly advise anyone with a realistic chance of an ITA at the first attempt to apply for their police certificate ahead of time (although not too far ahead of time as they can only be a maximum of six months old for an EE application).
Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not include proof you've applied for it, then upload the check as and when it arrives? (I don't know - I do know that's fine for IEC applications, which saved a lot of people when the the application time changed from 90 days to max of 30 days a few years back)
Old Jun 29th 2018, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

'It is possible that the FBI will take longer than 60 days to process a request for a police certificate. If you require an FBI police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.'

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-states.html

I know if the past they have accepted uploading proof that it was applied for at the earliest possible opportunity and then for it is follow later.