Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship eligibility period - living outside of Canada during this period

Citizenship eligibility period - living outside of Canada during this period

Old Feb 12th 2018, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough
Default Citizenship eligibility period - living outside of Canada during this period

Applying for Citizenship and my Eligibility Period is 26/02/2013 to 26/02/2018
(i put a future date for now so i got time to complete my application this month)

In Section 9 it asks me did i ever live outside of Canada during this period. I did return back to the uk between May/2013 - Oct/2014 as it was during this time I was waiting on my CEC to come through.

So i ticked Yes and it asks me to fill in form CIT0177

Looking at this form however the header states:

"RESIDENCE OUTSIDE CANADA for adult citizenship applicants declaring residence outside canada as a crown servant or with a crown servant family member"

Now the time I was in the UK awaiting CEC I am not using it towards my physical presence calculator and I can not see anywhere on this form which applies to me to fill.

Any help?
Bobby
Old Feb 13th 2018, 12:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship eligibility period - living outside of Canada during this period

Originally Posted by BobbyN
Applying for Citizenship and my Eligibility Period is 26/02/2013 to 26/02/2018
(i put a future date for now so i got time to complete my application this month)

In Section 9 it asks me did i ever live outside of Canada during this period. I did return back to the uk between May/2013 - Oct/2014 as it was during this time I was waiting on my CEC to come through.

So i ticked Yes and it asks me to fill in form CIT0177

Looking at this form however the header states:

"RESIDENCE OUTSIDE CANADA for adult citizenship applicants declaring residence outside canada as a crown servant or with a crown servant family member"

Now the time I was in the UK awaiting CEC I am not using it towards my physical presence calculator and I can not see anywhere on this form which applies to me to fill.

Any help?
Bobby
Would the guide help?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...der.html#Step2

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 13th 2018 at 12:17 am.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Citizenship eligibility period - living outside of Canada during this period

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Does not help - the whole purpose of the form seems to be to show that the time i returned to the UK during my eligibility period can count towards my days. I do not need it to or expect it too count so.....
Old Mar 31st 2018, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I have the same problem now I am filling in the citizenship application. Can you remember what you did in the end - I am tempted to ignore it as, as you say, it is not at all applicable, and in fact I am unable to even fill it in as I am not / have no relationship to a crown service.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

fabioesouza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bobby,

I am facing the same problem, how did you complete yours?
I am thinking to write mentioning that CIT0177 does not apply to me because I am neither a crown servant nor a crawn servant family member.

Fabio
Old Jun 4th 2018, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

I just ignored it. Didn't even bother to mention that I hadn't filled it in as it was self-explanatory.