Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jan 18th 2017, 2:29 am
Just Joined

jeannine will become famous soon enoughjeannine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Hi all. long time no hear from me.. well I finally did the citizenship after all my years in Canada.

Mailed late June, received mid August, interview first week in November, oath ceremony first week in January..much quicker than I expected
Old Jan 18th 2017, 2:55 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
My test is on 26 January. I used to laugh when I read of others being nervous. I'm not laughing now!!

S

PS well done Millie
IMO the test is just a test of your English reading skills. The questions are mind numbing easy, therefore if you can read English well enough than you will pass.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding it quite difficult to memorize all the historical dates/people but the rest of it is okay. Maybe I am just getting old.

S
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:20 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding it quite difficult to memorize all the historical dates/people but the rest of it is okay. Maybe I am just getting old.

S
I didn't get any difficult date related questions. In fact I only remember one and it asked what was significant about July 1st.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I can cope with that but if I'm asked about battles/places/dates/war heroes I find that hard. I think it's also what you're interested in: I'm less interested in historical stuff from several hundred years ago and more interested in current things, like what the most densely populated province is (which they probably won't ask either).
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:36 am

I can cope with that but if I'm asked about battles/places/dates/war heroes I find that hard. I think it's also what you're interested in: I'm less interested in historical stuff from several hundred years ago and more interested in current things, like what the most densely populated province is (which they probably won't ask either).
Plenty questions about events more than dates

Vimmy ridge came up, Houses of Parliament fire was one I had and and a few about how the Gov is structured

I would say read the book a couple times, make sure u read the small print that accompanies the pictures.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I printed out the book in the end (I know I could have sent off for it).

S
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:22 am

Yes, I printed out the book in the end (I know I could have sent off for it).

S
Many many apps and online questions to keep u busy, below was my Canada day question? Honest if u can read u cAn pass

Online Canadian Citizenship Quiz - CitizenshipCounts.ca
Attached Thumbnails Citizenship Application Timeline-img_7151.png  
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes thanks I've been using that site. The flash cards are good. It's one of the best ones.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 18th 2017 at 4:49 am.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Holmes I think it depends on the particular citizenship office as how quick it goes plus if your application has everything they need to assess whether you meet the requirements.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 1:39 am
Just Joined

holmes1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by holmes1981
I check this site often for timelines that others have posted, so thought I would share ours.

28-Nov-2016 - sent in hubby's application
05-Dec-2016 - application received by CIC
03-Jan-2017 - notification that application was received by CIC on 07-Dec-2016 and received the 'Discover Canada' study materials link
05-Jan-2017 - online application status shows as In Process

Not sure how long until we receive an exam date, but hopeful it won't take too long now that the application is underway. Very straight forward application, meet all requirements, no criminal offences, etc.

Looking forward to us both sharing passports from the same country so we can go through the same lines when we travel together. lol
UPDATE:

Exam date is 03-Feb-2017

Very excited - and cannot believe how fast it was all processed.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Good to read! Hope you are reading up and practising some tests! (as I am!).

S
Old Jan 20th 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

holmes1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to read! Hope you are reading up and practising some tests! (as I am!).

S
Well, it is my husband sitting the exam, not me, I am Canadian-born. However, I did the practice test this morning (no studying, I swear) and got 84% first try. I think the study material will guarantee you a great mark, and you will probably know more than most Canadians. Good luck!
Old Jan 21st 2017, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Ha I tried the British Citizenship test (for which I am obviously not studying) and got 66% so would have failed!. I do better on the Canadian one right now!

S
Old Jan 21st 2017, 1:35 pm

Ha I tried the British Citizenship test (for which I am obviously not studying) and got 66% so would have failed!. I do better on the Canadian one right now!

S
What city is the capital of Ontario ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.