Citizenship application

Old Oct 13th 2017, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application

Hello,
I am preparing to apply for my citizenship,I’m 56 and noticed from the changes occurring from the 11th October,that I no not need to take a proof of language test,however,I checked on the CIC website last night,specifically the documents required check list,and it’s asking for the proof of language!
Old Oct 13th 2017, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Re: Citizenship application

Originally Posted by zac stone
Hello,
I am preparing to apply for my citizenship,I’m 56 and noticed from the changes occurring from the 11th October,that I no not need to take a proof of language test,however,I checked on the CIC website last night,specifically the documents required check list,and it’s asking for the proof of language!
Hey.

Not in your situation (I'm only 30!), but I do see what you mean. I guess maybe you just need to put an N/A or something next to it on the document checklist?

I'm not sure to be honest - sorry!

Graham.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship application

Hi,

If you can easily obtain the proof i.e. photocopy of secondary/post secondary etc. then I would include it anyway and check/tick the box. I know you do not have to but i cannot see how this can hurt.

In addition to this I would include a separate piece of paper with the question number explaining that as per the DOB on my application I do not need to provide this but I am including it anyway to satisfy the needs of the checklist.

If you cannot obtain the proof. Then tick NO and include the paper in the same manner as above explaining this is no longer required due to my age and I checked the box on the checklist to indicate that I have read and understood this point/condition.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat123; Oct 13th 2017 at 6:53 pm.