Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

Check they have your correct address online. You could write a letter to the local Citizenship office. See if you get a reply to your webform.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 12:00 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I received a reply from my email that goes like this:

Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Halifax Nova Scotia. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

My ecas says "decision made"
My friends who are now invited to the ceremony on Oct 14th also took their test and had their interview at Halifax, after us.
Does this mean Halifax have issues or have lost our file?
This doesnt make sense to me......

Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I received a reply from my email that goes like this:

Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Halifax Nova Scotia. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

My ecas says "decision made"
My friends who are now invited to the ceremony on Oct 14th also took their test and had their interview at Halifax, after us.
Does this mean Halifax have issues or have lost our file?
This doesnt make sense to me......

Remember the times we used to second and triple guess our PR applications? Don't worry, you'll be fine... <3
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:39 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Remember the times we used to second and triple guess our PR applications? Don't worry, you'll be fine... <3
Thats true, I remember those coffees, so long ago now
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Thats true, I remember those coffees, so long ago now
What was that farm called we used to go to? Holmbush?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:31 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by DandNHill
What was that farm called we used to go to? Holmbush?
yes! where we sat on straw bales watching our kids run around... Happy memories.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes! where we sat on straw bales watching our kids run around... Happy memories.
Those were the days. Now they're all legs and stomachs... lol
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:52 pm
Happy

Everyone I am aware of who is waiting now has a date, or has had their ceremony. There has been a flurry of ceremonies in Halifax lately, we havent been on one of them. There are a couple coming up but no cigar. Other people have already been notified about them.

When we call, we are told to not worry, we have to wait, but no-one is looking into it, they are just saying that.

It will be a year in January since we started the citizenship process.
Right now I am concerned and also a bit fed up, all the joy of this has now vanished.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Please can you remind me what action you have taken so far and when.

Webform
Letter
Call centre.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:56 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Please can you remind me what action you have taken so far and when.

Webform
Letter
Call centre.
Webform twice ( a couple of months ago) and lots of calls to the call-centre. They are likely sick of us.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

You could write a physical letter to the local office.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 7:57 pm
Happy

You could write a physical letter to the local office.
I think I will have to.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will have to.
Try your MP
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Technically, you still haven't gone past the advertising current processing time of 12 months.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:09 pm
Happy

Technically, you still haven't gone past the advertising current processing time of 12 months.
I just sent another case specific email. What happens when you go past the 12 months I wonder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.