CIC Citizenship timelines

Old May 9th 2016, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

My trip to Scarborough today went well. CIC staff were charming. My interview took about 15 minutes and it was to check the originals of the documents I had submitted as Twitcher1958 had helpfully said. Was quoted two to four months wait for ceremony and told that invitation is sent two weeks prior. CIC took note of my holiday absences so the ceremony date didn't fall while I was away.

I took a cab to go there. After assuring me he knew the address the driver got hopelessly lost. I had to guide him with my own GPS and we found the address. Go figure........
Old May 9th 2016, 7:52 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Yay - way to go Allegra! Nothing worth having is easy right?
Old May 9th 2016, 11:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allegra
My trip to Scarborough today went well. CIC staff were charming. My interview took about 15 minutes and it was to check the originals of the documents I had submitted as Twitcher1958 had helpfully said. Was quoted two to four months wait for ceremony and told that invitation is sent two weeks prior. CIC took note of my holiday absences so the ceremony date didn't fall while I was away.

I took a cab to go there. After assuring me he knew the address the driver got hopelessly lost. I had to guide him with my own GPS and we found the address. Go figure........
Old May 10th 2016, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Yay - way to go Allegra! Nothing worth having is easy right?
So right.....pleased it's done and looking forward to Oath ceremony.
Old May 10th 2016, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thank you.
Old May 30th 2016, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Sydney received my application 21 March.
Interview Scarborough 9 May.
Invited to Oath ceremony on 13 June.

CIC have obviously taken a glance at my photograph and gathered by the state of me that delay is not an option!
:
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

tiptreejam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I was one of that unfortunate people from last June where they changed the rules a week before I could have applied. Now a year later I can finally send in my citizenship application July 1! I was wondering how the timelines are going for people who have been applying in 2016 so far.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Just an update to my path to citizenship. Trotted up, well took taxi, to Scarborough to take Oath ceremony on 13 June. Got up there well in advance and waited on a passport office chair until 12.15 p.m. Left to go to Suite 300 for ceremony at 1 p.m. Loads of people already seated of many nationalities. I later learned there were 88 applicants and 33 different nationalities. It was well organised. We all had an allocated seat. On entering we had to give up our Permanent Resident cards and were guided to our seats. The presiding judge was originally from Pakistan and he told us about his own success story which was interesting to hear. We took the Oath in French and English, led by him, sang the bilingual version of O Canada and one by one filed up to the judge to shake his hand and accept our citizenship certificate. All in all it was a very nice afternoon and I am now a proud Canadian. Next stop will be a Canadian passport office....
Old Jun 15th 2016, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Glad it all went well - now you can relax 😀
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Twitcher1958;11973781]Congratulations and welcome to the club! Glad it all went well - now you can relax 😀[/QUOTE

Thank you so much. Even taxi driver welcomed me to 'the family' as he called it. Yes, I can now relax and enjoy my Canadianship. What a lovely thought. Thanks again for your input.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all! I was just passing through the B.E. nieghbourhood and wanted to congratulate all new Canadians and send out a big "HANG IN THERE!" for all those still on the conveyor belt to citizenship!

Roxy
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:27 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

We're off to Vancouver this weekend for our ceremony on Monday. Should have done it years ago!
Old Jun 30th 2017, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY CANADA DAY to all Canadians and soon to be Canadians! It is well worth the wait!