CIC Citizenship timelines

Old May 17th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Hi just found this thread so will add are Citizenship Timeline
Application sent to Sydney August 15 2009 3 Adults 1 Child
Confirmation returned with Discover Canada book dated 28 January 2010 although not received untill March 3
Still not on e-cass 16 May 2010

So when should I expect to be on the e-cass system?
Old May 17th 2010, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Here's a weird question...my husband sent off his application end of December/early January. A few weeks ago he received an envelope from immigration Canada that contained a small "Welcome to Canada" booklet...that's it. No letter or acknowledgement of receipt, just this booklet that looks like what they would give to someone landing (how to get a SIN number, etc.)...um...but he's already been in the country 3 years, so a little late on that front!

Just wondering if he should be chasing to get an acknowledgement number or something - maybe they forgot the letter itself?
Old May 17th 2010, 1:15 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Here's a weird question...my husband sent off his application end of December/early January. A few weeks ago he received an envelope from immigration Canada that contained a small "Welcome to Canada" booklet...that's it. No letter or acknowledgement of receipt, just this booklet that looks like what they would give to someone landing (how to get a SIN number, etc.)...um...but he's already been in the country 3 years, so a little late on that front!

Just wondering if he should be chasing to get an acknowledgement number or something - maybe they forgot the letter itself?
A few of us got that booklet thing. We've been here over 3 years too.
It isn't anything to do with his citizenship application.
Old May 17th 2010, 2:54 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck

Ditto what fled said it's nowt to do with your Citizenship application, we had it too
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

CIC Sydney received my application on Jan 15th and I still haven't heard back. Any similar timelines?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:11 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolga
CIC Sydney received my application on Jan 15th and I still haven't heard back. Any similar timelines?
You should get an acknowledgment letter within the next month telling you it will be another 12-15 months before they send word of your test, plus a booklet.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
You should get an acknowledgment letter within the next month telling you it will be another 12-15 months before they send word of your test, plus a booklet.
According to the CIC website, I should be getting the letter within 5 months from the time my application is received at the CPC, which is due in 7 days.

Should I contact the Call Center or CIC Sydney by fax if I don't hear until then?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:35 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

According to the CIC website, I should be getting the letter within 5 months from the time my application is received at the CPC, which is due in 7 days.

Should I contact the Call Center or CIC Sydney by fax if I don't hear until then?
Don't panic. CIC are notoriously slow and they have a large backlog on citizenship applications. I wouldn't contact them until 6 months have elapsed.

Remember you'll still be waiting for a year and a half until you get called for a test (if no problems are found in you application) so you're in for the long haul.

Best wishes.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Yep. My husband's application was received end of Dec/beg of Jan (can't remember exactly - have heard nothing yet.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

I have my appointment to do take the test on the 24th June in Ottawa. I applied in December 2008 and the application was acknowledged in May 2009 if I recall correctly. It all seems so long ago.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

We sent ours off the 1st June 2010. Been here nearly 4 years now but only half of the first year counts (work permit).

Will sit back for the long wait now.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Ditto what fled said it's nowt to do with your Citizenship application, we had it too
My son has also received a "Welcome to Canada" booklet - he's been here almost 3 years and is a Canadian Citizen by birth
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Curious to find out if anyone has filed their Citizenship application after the 3yr residency period and returned back home i.e. UK?

How they handled the correspondence address because I am sure one needs to have a Canadian forwarding address or it might be possible to provide a UK address?

Second question say you move to another address in Canada after filing the application how does one go about updating this information with CIC?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Application sent in Dec 09. No acknowledgement letter. First thing I got from CIC London via post was a letter requesting medical requests for all of us and to pay the RPRF fee in March 2010. Then passport requests first week of June 2010.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:57 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We can officially apply for our Citizenship TODAY

Anyone got a spare $1000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.