CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Snave
Just an update to keep other hopefuls in the loop about time lines:
01MAR2009 - posted application;
27AUG2009 - acknowledgment and booklet "A look at Canada" recieved;
23SEPT2009 - updates start to appear on E-CAS;
30JAN2010 - Updated booklet "Discover Canada" received;
02MAR2010 - Invitation to interview received - for 16MAR2010.

Won't be long now, I hope...
Yeah, this kind of information is helpful.
The received our application back in November 09 and of course we haven't received an ackmowledgment or anything. Thanksfully I had Canada Post tracking on the application so at least I know that it was received!

I guess we'll be waiting another 2 months or so before we even get the acknowledgement

However, being PR is almost as good, and I am thankful that we are here and able to fully enjoy all that this wonderful land and its people have to offer
Old Mar 19th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

update on my citizenship application>

Originally Posted by woodworm
here is my timeline (Nova Scotia)
citizenship application sent : Nov 18 , 2008
letter of acknowledgement received: April 20th , 2009 (5 months later)
Citizenship Test written (and passed) on Nov. 18, 2009
They said it would take 2-4 months before I get an invitiation for the ceremony.
today I received a letter dated March 16 where they invited me to take the oath of citizenship. It will be on March 31st , which brings my timeline for the whole process to a total of 16.5 months.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

purplemoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
Excellent. I shall be hopping up and down outside the post box for the next two weeks. Then I shall panic. Then I shall panic some more.

Did it give any comforting words of Canadiana?
Ha ha know that feeling! It'll come soon, think positive! We received a letter as a receipt with a study guide called "Discover Canada", packed with info that no doubt the average born and bread Canadian doesn't know themselves! So my OH has already started bombarding me with questions! There's an example of a couple of questions (multiple choice) in there to give you an idea, and I'm no brain of Britain (or Canada for that matter) but the answers were fairly obvious...so my worries have subsided a bit. So let's hope it won't be long for you now

Thanks for posting the info about your online client status Bananahammock, ours hasn't been updated yet, so that's interesting. Looks like we may be getting a few more books to study through the post at some point then!

Congrats Woodworm on your Oath of Citizenship date!
Old Mar 20th 2010, 12:36 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Almost the same as ours too ... 6 & a half months from receiving the application to starting processing it This is what my on-line Client Application Status says today .......

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on March 23, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. I actually received 1 book in Dec 09 & 3 more in Jan 10
We started processing your application on October 8, 2009.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2009 to ******* If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. (I forgot to sign something ) Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your file was transferred to the Victoria CIC office on January 12, 2010. The Victoria CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Victoria CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
thanks for posting that. it essentially answers my question of where the cic office responsible for my citizenship application is. if even the ones from nanaimo are done in victoria, the ones from the comox valley are even more so.

my application went in end of november 2009 - so still some time to go.
i guess i wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for all those people who look at me with that lost expression and say: "but... i thought you've become canadian quite some time ago?!?!?" (possibly thinking of the day when i became pr...)
Old Mar 20th 2010, 4:30 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof
thanks for posting that. it essentially answers my question of where the cic office responsible for my citizenship application is. if even the ones from nanaimo are done in victoria, the ones from the comox valley are even more so.

my application went in end of november 2009 - so still some time to go.
i guess i wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for all those people who look at me with that lost expression and say: "but... i thought you've become canadian quite some time ago?!?!?" (possibly thinking of the day when i became pr...)

I'm not 100% that they are done in Victoria though ... it does say that on my client status but it also says they sent my books when they didn't . I called them in Jan to ask them to stop sending me the 'Discover Canada' books & they told me that on Jan 12th my application had been sent to the Nanaimo CIC office but on-line it says Victoria so who knows eh?

I don't get people thinking I've become Canadian ... probably something to do with the fact that I stil sound remarkably like Vicky Pollard!

Last edited by bananahammock; Mar 20th 2010 at 4:33 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:38 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purplemoose
Ha ha know that feeling! It'll come soon, think positive! We received a letter as a receipt with a study guide called "Discover Canada", packed with info that no doubt the average born and bread Canadian doesn't know themselves! So my OH has already started bombarding me with questions! There's an example of a couple of questions (multiple choice) in there to give you an idea, and I'm no brain of Britain (or Canada for that matter) but the answers were fairly obvious...so my worries have subsided a bit. So let's hope it won't be long for you now

Thanks for posting the info about your online client status Bananahammock, ours hasn't been updated yet, so that's interesting. Looks like we may be getting a few more books to study through the post at some point then!

Congrats Woodworm on your Oath of Citizenship date!
Received the acknowledgment letter today in the post.

They used my wife's maiden name however??? How they got that I've no idea as all our evidence documents show her married name as did her original PR application. I assume they took it off box 4C on the application form. Why they did this is beyond me so I guess we'll have to jump through hoops now trying to contact the blithering idiots!

Cheesus! Got to love bureaucracy in any country.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

jollyrogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
We sent our papers off in September 2009 and received our receipt last week, March 2010.
We`re hoping on doing our test in Lethbridge,AB.
Hope this helps.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

vimtocarr will become famous soon enough

Hey, Just to let you know we applied under skilled worker in April 2009. We sent all our evidential docs off in Sept I think and in November we received that very same letter you recieved stating it would be 12-18 months that we would here from them again for the Medical Requests. Like you we were gutted and thought OMG that's ages but 2 weeks later we got a Medical Request letter..... booked medicals for the 18th Jan. Had passport requests 19 February and had our visa's and passports back on Wednesday just gone.

So don't panic just yet guys..... you may get that letter sooner than you think. All the best for your process.

Best Wishes

Vimtocarr
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:13 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

We applied April 2009, received acknowledgement ??? (didnt note the date) telling us the standard 12-15 months. We received notification of transfer to local office in Jan 2010 and they sent us a new study book.

I'm not worried, just sitting back (well working hard actually) waiting for the bureau to work its wonders
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just an update,
app rec by cic Oct 09
today by post
got a acknowlegement letter & Discover Canada book.
cheers
Jerry
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
Just an update,
app rec by cic Oct 09
today by post
got a acknowlegement letter & Discover Canada book.
cheers
Jerry
Did they mention what the wait time is going to be on your acknowledgment letter?

I am curious to find out how long the wait is for North Vancouver residents.
Old May 8th 2010, 8:43 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

application received by cic: december 1st, 2009
acknowledgement including "discover canada" book received: may 7th, 2010

capillano, it says 12 to 15 months on my letter. but it's a generic one anyway, they haven't even changed the name of the study book on it yet...

Last edited by lof; May 8th 2010 at 8:52 pm. Reason: adding comment on time line
Old May 8th 2010, 11:31 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
We applied April 2009, received acknowledgement ??? (didnt note the date) telling us the standard 12-15 months. We received notification of transfer to local office in Jan 2010 and they sent us a new study book.

I'm not worried, just sitting back (well working hard actually) waiting for the bureau to work its wonders
We received our letters yesterday calling for our exam attendance set for 31st May so it has taken just over 12 months... Hey! with a bit of luck we will get to vote at the provincial elections in Sept
Old May 14th 2010, 9:28 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update, we received our notices today to write our Citizenship tests on June 9th, so 15 months from them getting it to us doing it!

Off to study ..........
Old May 15th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vimtocarr
Hey, Just to let you know we applied under skilled worker in April 2009. We sent all our evidential docs off in Sept I think and in November we received that very same letter you recieved stating it would be 12-18 months that we would here from them again for the Medical Requests. Like you we were gutted and thought OMG that's ages but 2 weeks later we got a Medical Request letter..... booked medicals for the 18th Jan. Had passport requests 19 February and had our visa's and passports back on Wednesday just gone.

So don't panic just yet guys..... you may get that letter sooner than you think. All the best for your process.

Best Wishes

Vimtocarr
you are talking about PR. this is for citizenship which is for people who have got PR and lived in canada for 3 years..

ill be sending mine off in Alberta soon.. ive been a PR since 2001 but had too many days out of Canada until 2007 to get up to the magic number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.