Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Child born in UK to parents with PR

Child born in UK to parents with PR

Old Jul 20th 2015, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

canadaawaits is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child born in UK to parents with PR

Hi Guys, I’m new here I hope someone can help with me question.

In short my wife and I are Permanent Residence we landed Nov 2014 (Ontario), we soon returned to the UK to sort out our affairs etc. with the hope of returning to Canada permanently within 12 months. In the meantime we discovered my was pregnant with our first child was born May 2015.

My question is really what happens now, do we need to sponsor/apply for Permanent Residence for our child before we can take him with us to Canada, or do we need to do this from within Canada?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Cheers
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child born in UK to parents with PR

Hello and welcome to BE!

You will need to sponsor him from within Canada. He can enter as a visitor and you can submit the application as soon as you arrive.

Congratulations, by the way!