Celpip general LS

Old Feb 3rd 2018, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Transat41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Celpip general LS

Has anyone done this listening and speaking test?
I want to take it so I can apply for citizenship. I'm a native English speaker, born and raised in Wales.
I took the sample test online, it seems to me that the test is more about memory than anything else, you have to remember what was said during a conversation between two people, you have to remember what was said and choose the right answer.

Any advise from someone who's done the test, are there any more sample tests other than the ones on the Celpip website?

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celpip general LS

I've have heard no problems or complaints among people I've known who've taken CELPIP LS. The score you need is at least CLB4. You are not going to have issues. You might not get top scores (CLB12: I don't know you so I have no idea) but as a native English speaker, you'll be fine.

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 3rd 2018 at 9:59 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:47 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Transat41
Any advice from someone who's done the test, are there any more sample tests other than the ones on the Celpip website?
As you're going to be doing an English test.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

CELPIP LS is only Listening and Speaking.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:51 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
CELPIP LS is only Listening and Speaking.
One must understand the correct spelling and word to ensure the correct enunciation.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
One must understand the correct spelling to ensure
Is that why a high percentage of Americans fail this exam and get stuck on color program and a few others
Old Feb 4th 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Is that why a high percentage of Americans fail this exam and get stuck on color program and a few others
Not just Americans!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 2:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://secure.paragontesting.ca/Ins...8-8545a0ae6ab9
Old Feb 12th 2018, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Transat41
Has anyone done this listening and speaking test?
I want to take it so I can apply for citizenship. I'm a native English speaker, born and raised in Wales.
I took the sample test online, it seems to me that the test is more about memory than anything else, you have to remember what was said during a conversation between two people, you have to remember what was said and choose the right answer.

Any advise from someone who's done the test, are there any more sample tests other than the ones on the Celpip website?

Thanks.
I did mine in November. My main thing was to practice taking notes. Maybe you could listen to a news article and take notes on that?
Practice speaking about something for 2 minutes just so you know what that feels like (and can stretch it out if you haven’t got much to say on the subject).
But really, it isn’t as hard as it seems. On the day I felt like I’d done terribly and ended up scoring an 11 and 12. I haven’t sat an exam since I was at college (more years ago than i’d like to admit lol).
You will be fine. 😊
Old Feb 12th 2018, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Transat41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your advice, I did the test on Saturday, the speaking part was easy, the listening part requires a good memory, tried taking notes Scotdownunder but they talk so fast couldn't keep up, I think I did enough to pass.

Thanks all.