Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by wolstie
Apply online for an extension to your work permit. Give a copy of the original letter you got from PNP supporting your last work permit.

You'll get implied status and will be able to carry on working. They may decline and ask for further proof that you are a PNP applicant (the updated letter). By the time they decline though, you should have received the letter and can send it to them before they make a decision.
I have had a bit of nightmare the last few weeks.

I didn't realize we had to SOURCE ALL the documentation we did for PR - AGAIN - just to extend my work permit with my current employer. I thought BC PNP letter would be all we need. But no we needed, Employment history, Common law declaration, Passport copies (every stamped page), permit copy, job offer letter, the works... crazy as they already have all this on file surely?

BC PNP office then took over 15 days to send me my updated letter, I had to chase them (3-4 times) for it - (I have proof of all the emails).

I have tried to apply online every day for the past 3 nights and each time the website crashed - (I have screenshots of this).

Tonight I managed to get on to apply online, but my Work Permit actually expired yesterday (I thought it expired on 14th) - now it won't let me submit the online extension as its showing an error in the Application form PDF - the Permit expiry date being before today's date.

What a mess! Do you think I should I call CIC and explain my situation?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
I have had a bit of nightmare the last few weeks.

I didn't realize we had to SOURCE ALL the documentation we did for PR - AGAIN - just to extend my work permit with my current employer. I thought BC PNP letter would be all we need. But no we needed, Employment history, Common law declaration, Passport copies (every stamped page), permit copy, job offer letter, the works... crazy as they already have all this on file surely?

BC PNP office then took over 15 days to send me my updated letter, I had to chase them (3-4 times) for it - (I have proof of all the emails).

I have tried to apply online every day for the past 3 nights and each time the website crashed - (I have screenshots of this).

Tonight I managed to get on to apply online, but my Work Permit actually expired yesterday (I thought it expired on 14th) - now it won't let me submit the online extension as its showing an error in the Application form PDF - the Permit expiry date being before today's date.

What a mess! Do you think I should I call CIC and explain my situation?
Wow.

First, I'd phone CIC (not that it usually helps), and see what they advise.

How far are you from the border? I'd probably just go down there, explain the situation (say the letter arrived the day it expired, so you can't do it online), and hope for the best.

I think Former Lancastrian may be best to advise you before you do this though. I could be completely wrong, and they may not do it now your original status has expired.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

shirley.shi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raincouver
Thank you so much for sharing this information! I'm afraid to know the answer to this question, but do you have any idea if the dates refer to the ORIGINAL AOR dates? (So for example, my file was received in June 2011 in Buffalo.) Or is it when they were received in Ottawa in July 2012? I realize you might not have any idea, but please let me know if you do!

Seriously, if it weren't for this forum, I'd be totally out of my mind. I went to my MP's office...gah. No way to get information. The lackey at the front desk got a bit of an earful from me!
No problem. I've hear from the officer that application before Sept 2011 has the highest priority and they should be processed in Feb 2013.

Good luck!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Tejji is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shirley.Shi. Did the officer say all applications before Sept 2011? including FSW or is that just for CEC or PNP?

Thanks.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

shirley.shi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tejji
Hi Shirley.Shi. Did the officer say all applications before Sept 2011? including FSW or is that just for CEC or PNP?

Thanks.
This is the letter I received. I think he means all the applications before Sept. 2011.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 1 September 2011.

Medical results: Please note that we will be requesting an extension of the validity of these results, to minimize the number of applicants who will be required to undertake new medical examinations.

Case status:
An officer will be in contact with you in due course. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience and for you not to send follow-up requests for status to our office, unless you fall into one of the categories listed below.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
• Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it.

Need more information?
For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

How long will it take until I am likely to be contacted and/or updated by the Case Processing Office in Ottawa?

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date
Review Date*
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?
... before 1 September 2011
On or before 28 February 2013
By 28 February 2013
1 September – 30 November 2011
On or before 31 March 2013
By 31 March 2013
1 December – 28 February 2012
On or before 31 May 2013
By 31 May 2013
1 March – 31 May 2012
On or before 31 August 2013
By 31 August 2013
... after 1 June 2012
After 31 August 2013
After 31 August 2013

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : [email protected]
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirley.shi
How long will it take until I am likely to be contacted and/or updated by the Case Processing Office in Ottawa?

Review Date*
By 28 February 2013
By 31 March 2013
On or before 31 May 2013
By 31 May 2013
1 March – 31 May 2012
By 31 August 2013
... after 1 June 2012
After 31 August 2013
After 31 August 2013
Nice to see them keeping it simple...
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi Shirley.Shi.....i'm guessing this is applicable to PNP and QSW as it states in the letter. I'm guessing FSW2 will commence after all these are finalized.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tejji
Hi Shirley.Shi.....i'm guessing this is applicable to PNP and QSW as it states in the letter. I'm guessing FSW2 will commence after all these are finalized.
Are the FSW's not still on hold, or has that ended now?

Not super happy about having to wait until May for an update, given the timeline was 10 months at the start of the process, but even so we are much better off than others before us so cannot complain.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shirley.shi
This is the letter I received. I think he means all the applications before Sept. 2011.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 1 September 2011.

Medical results: Please note that we will be requesting an extension of the validity of these results, to minimize the number of applicants who will be required to undertake new medical examinations.

Case status:
An officer will be in contact with you in due course. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience and for you not to send follow-up requests for status to our office, unless you fall into one of the categories listed below.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
• Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it.

Need more information?
For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

Review Date*
By 28 February 2013
By 31 March 2013
On or before 31 May 2013
By 31 May 2013
1 March – 31 May 2012
By 31 August 2013
... after 1 June 2012
After 31 August 2013
After 31 August 2013

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : [email protected]
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Hey Shirley.Shi one other question....what question did you ask for you to get this response? The last time i emailed Ottawa the response i got was "Your application is in process" I want to make sure i ask the right question to get a detailed response like yours.

Thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

There is updated information on processing timescales for all application types on the CPP Ottawa CIC page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ada/ottawa.asp

Copied below, but in a poor format. Click the above link and look at Q1

Buffalo Cases Transferred to CPP-O Processing Timeframe
Family Class Priority All files have been reviewed and visas are being issued
Parents and Grandparents All files have been reviewed and visas are being issued
Family Class Other All files have been reviewed and visas are being issued
Provincial/Territorial Nominees
Received before Sept. 2011 will be reviewed by end of Feb. 2013
Received before Dec. 2011 will be reviewed by end of March 2013
Received before March 2012 will be reviewed by end of May 2013
Vast majority will be finalised and visas will be issued by summer, 2013.

Canadian Experience Class All files have been reviewed and visas are being issued
Federal Skilled Workers
MI02/03 – All files received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be assessed in 2013
MI01 – Files received between Feb 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010: as many as possible will be processed in 2013. There is a commitment to complete MI1 cases by fall, 2014.

Since 2008, CIC has issued a series of ministerial instructions to attract applications that meet changing labour market conditions. The first set of instructions were broad, and attracted more applications than were anticipated or required. CIC attempts to balance the need to process both these older applications and newer ones that may better reflect current market needs. As a result processing times are longer for some of the older applications. We anticipate all applications received between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010 will be processed by fall 2014, allowing CIC to move to a faster, more flexible system
Quebec Skilled Workers
Received before Sept 2011 will be reviewed by end of Feb. 2013
Received before Dec 2011 will be reviewed by end of March 2013
Received before March 2012 will be reviewed by end of May 2013
Vast majority will be finalised and visas will be issued by summer, 2013

Quebec Self-Employed & Quebec Entrepreneur Most of the files will be finalised and visas will be issued by summer 2013.
Investor Most of the files will be finalised and visas will be issued by summer 2013.
Federal Self Employed Most of the files will be finalised and visas will be issued by summer 2013.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:01 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the above - my file was one of spousal sponsorship that went to Buffalo (recieved August 2011), and Buffalo started processing it Jan 2012 - I have no idea when it was re-routed to Ottawa (I just know it was as they requested an updated medical on Dec 19th which was done last month). I was just sat here twiddling thumbs and wondering when they will review this final piece of info.

It's been a long haul thats for sure (for a spousal application at any rate!) and it's good to know that things are being looked at

Last edited by mandymoochops; Feb 11th 2013 at 4:07 am.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Moe87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

My application was being processed in Ottawa and got transferred to Detroit last November. This is my timeline from the status online:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 22, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Detroit office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on June 29, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 1, 2012.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on November 28, 2012. The Detroit office may contact you.

It seems like taking forever. Anyone has an idea on why it's taking so long and anyone seen similar waiting times?

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moe87
Hello All,

My application was being processed in Ottawa and got transferred to Detroit last November. This is my timeline from the status online:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 22, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Detroit office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on June 29, 2010. The Detroit office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 1, 2012.

We transferred your application to the Detroit office on November 28, 2012. The Detroit office may contact you.

It seems like taking forever. Anyone has an idea on why it's taking so long and anyone seen similar waiting times?

Thanks
Which class did you apply in - PNP, FSW etc?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Moe87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
Which class did you apply in - PNP, FSW etc?
I applied as a FSW.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moe87
I applied as a FSW.
With a job, already in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.