Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going to the Philippines fo a few months

Going to the Philippines fo a few months

Old May 13th 2014, 2:39 am
Just Joined

moofacemoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to the Philippines fo a few months

Im from the uk and have a 2 year work visa for Canada, at the place where i work I've been given the opportunity to work and live in the Philippines for just under six months. My work visa will not run out within that time.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction of whenever this is allowable?
Old May 13th 2014, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to the Philippines fo a few months

Originally Posted by moofacemoo
Im from the uk and have a 2 year work visa for Canada, at the place where i work I've been given the opportunity to work and live in the Philippines for just under six months. My work visa will not run out within that time.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction of whenever this is allowable?
Yes its allowable.
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks Former! (Bolton lad myself)

Are there any websites that are official where i can ask this question to someone directly employed by immigration?

Thing is this is all rapidly coming to a head now and to put it bluntly i need to cover me backside on this.
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any websites that are official where i can ask this question to someone directly employed by immigration?

Thing is this is all rapidly coming to a head now and to put it bluntly i need to cover me backside on this.
FL is a CBSA officer.

Old May 23rd 2014, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The regulations basically say a work permit is valid until the day it expires or no longer valid under section 63. Even if you quit working the permit is still valid for you to stay however you couldn't work for another employer within Canada unless authorized to do so.

Authorized period ends

(4) The period authorized for a temporary resident's stay ends on the earliest of
(a) the day on which the temporary resident leaves Canada without obtaining prior authorization to re-enter Canada;
(b) the day on which any work permit or study permit issued to the temporary resident expires;
(c) the day on which any temporary resident permit issued to the temporary resident is no longer valid under section 63; or
(d) the day on which the period authorized under subsection (2) ends, if paragraphs (a) to (c) do not apply.

In your case (a) does not apply.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...e-77.html#h-98

Obviously if at any time you become inadmissible into Canada for any reason found in sections 34 to 42 of the Act then you could be refused entry even though you still hold a valid work permit or are in Canada and found inadmissible then a removal order could be sought. Nobody will give you any written letter confirming this.
Old May 28th 2014, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks again.