Canadian working visa

Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Hannah jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian working visa

Ok thank you so much! Just heading to work so will look at these links tonight and come back to you with what it says thank you so much for the advise
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Good Evening All,

I have been on the Canadian Embassy London website this evening and I have answered a few questions and it has come back that based on my answers I could be eligible for a International Experience Canada - It has now taken me to a new page where it has given me a step by step guide where I will need to create an account and answer more questions after which it will decide if I am eligible to be entered into the Pool.

Is this ok to do and do you have any further advice for me before I go ahead to the next step

thanks
Hannah
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you were on the Canadian Embassy website? Or did you use the eligibility tool on the CIC website that we gave you above?

If it says IEC, then it sounds like you're not eligible for PR as expected, due to a lack of post-secondary education. But as mentioned above, IEC is a great idea to get you over there for a couple of years.

I would just advise that you see what you would be scoring on the CRS (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...d/crs-tool.asp) after a couple of years in Canada as it may still not be enough for PR unfortunately, so you might need to have a 'Plan B' if you decide you want to stay permanently.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi Chrstmasoompa,

Yes it is the Canadian Embassy London website it has now asked me to create an account which I am about to do but I will definitely check the above website to see what I score and let you know.

At the moment I am looking at working Visas I don't think I will get PR especially as I don't have anything to offer at the moment
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi
I have just looked on the website you have sent me to see where I score and it has come back with I am not eligible for express entry at this time! However it has told me to look at the English tests , now I am a little confused as I thought the English tests were for PR would I need to sit the exams for express entry or ice also?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
Hi
I have just looked on the website you have sent me to see where I score and it has come back with I am not eligible for express entry at this time! However it has told me to look at the English tests , now I am a little confused as I thought the English tests were for PR would I need to sit the exams for express entry or ice also?
Express Entry is an application for PR, they're the same thing. IELTS (an English exam) is mandatory for EE apps, but not IEC.

Did you answer the eligibility tool as if you had taken IELTS? Because it's mandatory it will tell you you're not eligible if you say no to that question.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking it was telling me I wasn't eligable because of the test but if i put that I have taken the test it asks me to enter a date of when I took it so figured I shouldn't lie

Should i look into taking the test now? Although I have read that it can not be more then 2 years old
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was thinking it was telling me I wasn't eligable because of the test but if i put that I have taken the test it asks me to enter a date of when I took it so figured I shouldn't lie

Should i look into taking the test now? Although I have read that it can not be more then 2 years old
No, don't take the test now - no point in spending a couple of hundred pounds on it if you're not eligible for PR anyway.

Don't worry about 'lying', you're simply answering to see if you are eligible to apply or not. It's not on record!
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Oh ok I was a bit nervous to lie in case that hindered my application! So shall I just say I've taken the test what date would you suggest I put when it asks me please?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh ok I was a bit nervous to lie in case that hindered my application! So shall I just say I've taken the test what date would you suggest I put when it asks me please?
Just pick any date that's fairly recent. You're not applying for anything so don't worry about that, you're only taking an eligibility test.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you I'll try it now
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to be a pain again! It's asking for test scores what would you reccomend I put?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be a pain again! It's asking for test scores what would you reccomend I put?
Top marks on all of them (use the dropdown for each section)
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Put the maximum. As a native speaker you should get maximum with a bit of practice.

Once you know if you're eligible and if so, what your CRS score is, then you can work out if you absolutely must score maximum points or if there is any leeway if you score a bit less.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Ok it hasn't said if I'm eligable however based on my answers for EE I had a score of 371 points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.