Canadian working visa

Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Hannah jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian working visa

Originally Posted by Aviator
Not a course in English I am guessing?
I don't know what would be beneficial for me to study which would make my application more attractive! I know if I apppy for a PR I need to take the IELTS exam but was thinking of i studied something in an evening cause would it help with my application

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
I don't know what would be beneficial for me to study which would make my application more attractive! I know if I apppy for a PR I need to take the IELTS exam but was thinking of i studied something in an evening cause would it help with my application

Thanks
An evening course won't make any diffference, no. Unless it's a very intense one or goes on for quite a while! To get any points for it, it must be a years full-time course or more, or the equivalent in part-time.

But do check your points to see how far off you are at the moment, you might find it will have to be a degree or similar for you to be eligible now. What did the eligibility test say?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 10:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
My suggestion would be hold of on IELTS and brush up on English before doing it.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
My suggestion would be hold of on IELTS and brush up on English before doing it.
Just to explain these comments in case they're confusing you -

"Course" = series of lessons/classes which involve tests, and culminate in a qualification
"Cause" = Something you believe in, or consider worthy/Something which brings about another event or action
"'cause'" = Shortening of 'because', meaning 'therefore', or 'as a result'.

You're thinking of taking a course to bolster your points (which as described above would need to be at least a year or equivalent to a full time year taken part time, and possibly need to be two to three years full time), but describing it as 'cause' which is why Aviator said 'probably not English', and advised to brush up before taking the IELTS (as native speakers are told to assume they'll get full points, but if you make many mistakes confusing words which seem similar, but are very different, then you'll have a lower score than you might expect).
Old Jun 25th 2017, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

geoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a course in English I am guessing?

Old Jun 25th 2017, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Good Evening All,

Thank you so much for the reply's I have just been reading them and taking it all in. Sorry I have not replied to any of you sooner I have had my little nephew visiting this weekend so haven't found a quiet 5 mins!!

I have been on the CIC website and it has suggested that I could be eligible for an IEC it has given me further steps to take and which I will be entered into a pool.

I have also left my contact details on the Bunac website for a call back - I imagine all the 2017 spaces are taken as I have been advised that they were released in November 2016 so at a guess I have left this too late but figure I could still apply for next years if they come out around the same time and my 31st birthday is not until June so possibly still within a chance there.

I have also thought about giving a carer career a thought as have seen online that they are a growing demand in Canada does anyone know my options here? it is a completely different career path to what I am used too do they offer support and training on these programs?

I am not giving up will try anyway physically possible for this to work out for me!]]

And again I thank you for all of you replying to me

Hannah
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

BUNAC don't have any reserved IEC spaces the way they used to (used being about 6+ years ago). They can provide support services, like briefing sessions (though their cost/worth is very much open for debate); they cannot make you any more likely to be drawn from the random pools.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Hmm ok thanks Vulcanoid, I will put myself into the pool and I will have the conversation with Bunac cant do no harm just speaking to them and seeing what they say I guess ....

My friend who lives in Canada has an immigration officer already she is going to have a meeting with her this week to discuss my options.

Do you know anything about bank accounts out there? if I was to pay my loan off whilst being there would I keep my UK bank account open and transfer funds to it once a month?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm ok thanks Vulcanoid, I will put myself into the pool and I will have the conversation with Bunac cant do no harm just speaking to them and seeing what they say I guess ....

My friend who lives in Canada has an immigration officer already she is going to have a meeting with her this week to discuss my options.

Do you know anything about bank accounts out there? if I was to pay my loan off whilst being there would I keep my UK bank account open and transfer funds to it once a month?
FYI 'Can't do any harm'

You sure she is speaking to an 'immigration officer' and not a consultant who wants money from you?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

No it is deffiently an Immigration officer as it is the only who is currently sorting out the Visa for her partner
Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

geoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond repute

No it is deffiently an Immigration officer as it is the only who is currently sorting out the Visa for her partner
Something not right here.
It has be some form of immigration consultant,
Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

People don't have dedicated 'immigration officers' to do that. You file an application online. Someone in a IRCC office who you never meet does some paperwork who passes it to someone else you never meet to do others.

Meeting with someone, and 'sorting out a visa for her partner' sounds like a consultant.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration officers work for CIC - they don't 'sort out' visa's for the general public, they approve or deny them.

Have you used the 'come to Canada' wizard with a view to applying for PR and seeing if you would qualify? If you don't (other than an IEC, which I would totally recommend you apply for in the next year) then you need to work out how you can reach the minimum points to enable you to apply for Permanent Residency. This could be working in Canada (with an IEC work permit) for a year to qualify for 'Canada Experience Class' - or you might luck out and find an employer willing to sponsor you under one of the Provincial classes.

No Immigration Consultant (who will require a lot of money to 'help') can get you points that you don't qualify for... so do, please, try the 'come to Canada' wizard before you think of using one.

Best of luck!
Old Jun 27th 2017, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Hello,
Thanks for coming back to me I will try the Canadian wizard and I'll also look at the cic website on the laptop tonight as on my phone at the moment as I'm just off to work , just wondering would citizens advise be able to help me out?

Thanks again
Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks for coming back to me I will try the Canadian wizard and I'll also look at the cic website on the laptop tonight as on my phone at the moment as I'm just off to work , just wondering would citizens advise be able to help me out?

Thanks again
No, they can only advise you on UK laws, not Canadian.

TBH, if you want some free advice just ask on here! We have immi consultants, CIC employees, an immi officer etc, that all give their time for free and will happily point you in the right direction.

Start with the eligibility wizard (link in my post to you above) on the CIC website and then let us know what it says.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.