Canada work permit issue

Old Sep 25th 2015, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Canada work permit issue

To the experts
I have inter-company work permit that expired 02-Sep-2015
I am still in Canada working
My employer confirms extension is filed and they have paperwork, however forgot to send them to me and have been out of office for weeks
My wife and child are on my work permit (expired)and have been out of Canada on vacation (while work permit expired)in USA and due to fly back to Canada at the weekend

What issues are they going to encounter
We still need my wife and son to be on my extended visa, will Canada Immigration know about the extension granted and just give it to her

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2015, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada work permit issue

Originally Posted by Fred16
To the experts
I have inter-company work permit that expired 02-Sep-2015
I am still in Canada working
My employer confirms extension is filed and they have paperwork, however forgot to send them to me and have been out of office for weeks
My wife and child are on my work permit (expired)and have been out of Canada on vacation (while work permit expired)in USA and due to fly back to Canada at the weekend

What issues are they going to encounter
We still need my wife and son to be on my extended visa, will Canada Immigration know about the extension granted and just give it to her

Thanks
No CBSA won't know an extension has been filed so it is up to the person seeking entry to provide them evidence of such. Implied Status is only for you as your wife and child are outside the country.
I suggest you fax her a copy of the fee payment for the application submitted.
As the application has only been submitted there is no guarantee it will be approved they may have to flagpole once you get the new work permit as I highly doubt CBSA will issue documents without approval of the extension.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: Canada work permit issue

Thanks
Former Lancastrian