Canada

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:16 am
Banned

xzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nicexzarrion2000 is just really nice
Default Canada

Originally Posted by san38
i have just spent 35 quid for acpo cic just sent me a letter stating that this is insufficient and they need the original police clearance done, has anyone got the address, i am just fed up now.

Let me be very blunt and truthful. The entire Canadian Immigration process run by http://www.cic.gc.ca is nothing but a money making scam. Going by statistics for previous years, CIC generated in excess of 200 million/annually in application revenues, not including the amount they charge in landing fees. Consider the following scenarios:

1) 15-20 % of the landed immigrants soon get disenchanted upond landing on Canadian soil. They discover the tall promises of good jobs and a better life are nothing short of a fluke. A good 90% of them (like myself) leave. So the government gets to pocket this money. Additionally these unfortunate folks have to shell out quite a bit to support themselves while they are in Canada.

2) 80% of them who choose to stay end up taking small jobs like working at fast food restaurants or waiting tables at the local diner. It serves Canada very well to get this cheap labor.

So which ever way you look, it is a win-win situation for the Canadian government. My sincere advise: DO NOT APPLY FOR CANADIAN PR STATUS . You will be frustrated once you land. Canadians blatantly discriminate with foreign immigrants using the term "lack of Canadian experience". There are millions of well qualified immigrants all over Canada doing menial jobs. You may get a job suited to your qualifications, but it may take a long long time, or just a lifetime of effort. I have gone thru the nightmare. I landed at Calgary 6 years ago. After spending almost $3000 dollars and 200 resumes, I did not get jack shit. I called it quits and got into the doctoral program at Texas Tech. I now have a good job with my U.S Green Card.

MAY GOD HELP ALL IMMIGRANTS SEEKING OUT THE CANADIAN DREAM
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: worried

Originally Posted by xzarrion2000
Let me be very blunt and truthful. The entire Canadian Immigration process run by http://www.cic.gc.ca is nothing but a money making scam. Going by statistics for previous years, CIC generated in excess of 200 million/annually in application revenues, not including the amount they charge in landing fees. Consider the following scenarios:

1) 15-20 % of the landed immigrants soon get disenchanted upond landing on Canadian soil. They discover the tall promises of good jobs and a better life are nothing short of a fluke. A good 90% of them (like myself) leave. So the government gets to pocket this money. Additionally these unfortunate folks have to shell out quite a bit to support themselves while they are in Canada.

2) 80% of them who choose to stay end up taking small jobs like working at fast food restaurants or waiting tables at the local diner. It serves Canada very well to get this cheap labor.

So which ever way you look, it is a win-win situation for the Canadian government. My sincere advise: DO NOT APPLY FOR CANADIAN PR STATUS . You will be frustrated once you land. Canadians blatantly discriminate with foreign immigrants using the term "lack of Canadian experience". There are millions of well qualified immigrants all over Canada doing menial jobs. You may get a job suited to your qualifications, but it may take a long long time, or just a lifetime of effort. I have gone thru the nightmare. I landed at Calgary 6 years ago. After spending almost $3000 dollars and 200 resumes, I did not get jack shit. I called it quits and got into the doctoral program at Texas Tech. I now have a good job with my U.S Green Card.

hi

Nobody says they will give everything to you in a plate ready to eat so that you can sit back and relax as soon as you land. that is not how it works in any part of the world.

As for applicants like me, it is my choice, which is not enforced upon me. I or anybody going out there may or may not make it good. even if there is a small chance that i can make it good, i think i should try for it.

I am going to treat this as a little longer vacation. one does spend money on vacation. but here i am getting the additional benifit of trying to settle down. so it is a wining situation.

regs
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Many American wannabes from third world countries using Canada as a stepping stone (or backdoor) to US stated the same in the past in this forum. Most of them were genuinely dissatisfied with Canada simply because their real dream destination was from the beginning the "US paradise". You didn't invent anything new.

Those for whom Canada was always the real destination mostly succeeded settling here. Except again some from third world countries who didn't want to or were unable to adapt.

I'll put it politely, but firmly - If you have nothing constructive to add then please get lost!!! We don't need any trolls here.

BTW - as this post shows

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hp?t=518438#12

it's author (the same troll) got residency in US through marriage only, not on his own merits.

Moderator - seems we have another troll who is hijacking threads with the same moronic message. Closing infected threads is not a solution. I thought that moderators have the power to delete threads and/or ban trolls.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Mar 9th 2008 at 9:00 am.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:00 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

1. Please provide resources to back up your assertions.

2. Please show how the £35 ACPO certificate in any way is related to the Canadian Government.

3. Please comment on Andrew's remark about getting into the US by way of marriage.

Heh. Texas. Sounds like you've found you're spiritual home.

Yee ****** harr.

Last edited by wbexpat; Mar 9th 2008 at 1:02 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:13 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wbexpat
1. Please provide resources to back up your assertions.

2. Please show how the £35 ACPO certificate in any way is related to the Canadian Government.

3. Please comment on Andrew's remark about getting into the US by way of marriage.

Heh. Texas. Sounds like you've found you're spiritual home.

Yee ****** harr.

4. please do not feed the trolls !!!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller

Moderator - seems we have another troll who is hijacking threads with the same moronic message. Closing infected threads is not a solution. I thought that moderators have the power to delete threads and/or ban trolls.
We do but unfortunately we can't be awake 24 hours a day and this poster seems to have waited until we were asleep. He/she has now been banned.
I've split the posts from another thread as it was detracting from the original topic and will now close this one as responding to this is pointless as the member has now been banned