Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I be in Canada while having a work visa processed in London?

Can I be in Canada while having a work visa processed in London?

Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:40 am
Just Joined

DjSap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I be in Canada while having a work visa processed in London?

I have read that it is not possible to apply for a work visa inland, however I am wondering if it is possible to be in Canada while the LMO goes through and then send off my work visa app to London (Swedish Citizen) and have it sent back to me in Canada? Thus remaining in Canada through the whole process but have it processed in London, and then just going to a port of entry to get my passport stamped.

My fiancee (Canadian) and I are relocating to Canada in late August, while marriage is a possibility I would like to be have an employer sponsor me, thus I am looking for any ways for me to remain in Canada while getting a work visa.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:44 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can I be in Canada while having a work visa processed in London?

I'm pretty sure staying in Canada is fine whilst having a work visa processed. I was going to apply for one and I would have stayed in Canada. It's just the Bunac one you have to be in UK for.

Hayley
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

DjSap is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, hoping that it will be permitted.

Anybody else who can shed some light on this?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Emmess is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same position. I was told in London (Commission)that this was fine. I'm pretty sure you can leave and re-enter to validate your permit.
Still waiting for mine though, 6 weeks for HRSDC exempt.

Good Luck