Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

mungozavvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
If they have a backlog then that's fine but they need to be more honest about it and not still promise a 20 day lead time on their website so that people can make a properly informed choice.

I don't know which mailing method my university used tbh but my IELTS exam isn't for another month yet anyway so there's no massive rush. Ideally I would like the ECA report back by the end of March though.
Yes a bit of transparency would be great. I wish i never initiated it with WES but luckily a week later i didn't want to risk it and thought of plan B with IQAS. Have you used the CRS calc? how many points are you on?
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 12:19 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mungozavvy
Yes a bit of transparency would be great. I wish i never initiated it with WES but luckily a week later i didn't want to risk it and thought of plan B with IQAS. Have you used the CRS calc? how many points are you on?
Not for a while but when I last checked if they allowed me to claim for both my degree and CertHE then we would score roughly 462.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Got my ECA back yesterday from WES. They reported my 2 year national level 3 diploma in Information and technology as being equivalent to a Canadian College Certificate 1 year. Still post secondary but in a few days i'm hoping I will get my IQAS back. Would love to see what it says
Old Mar 17th 2017, 11:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Got my ECA back yesterday from WES. They reported my 2 year national level 3 diploma in Information and technology as being equivalent to a Canadian College Certificate 1 year. Still post secondary but in a few days i'm hoping I will get my IQAS back. Would love to see what it says
Well it's good that it was at least considered equivalency for something. Whether or not you will be able to earn points for it is a different matter obviously and will be solely at the discretion of the CIC.

WES still have my paperwork atm and based on other people's accounts, I'm not expecting a report back any time soon. I lost out on a job that I really wanted a couple of days ago so I kind of have a lot more riding on this now than I did a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Well it's good that it was at least considered equivalency for something. Whether or not you will be able to earn points for it is a different matter obviously and will be solely at the discretion of the CIC.

WES still have my paperwork atm and based on other people's accounts, I'm not expecting a report back any time soon. I lost out on a job that I really wanted a couple of days ago so I kind of have a lot more riding on this now than I did a few weeks ago.
So good news is I did get points on it. Exactly how I calculated it on the CRS calculator was exactly the points I got. So this thread will hopefully help someone help.

National Diploma in the UK or anything pre university is considered post secondary, so when I filled out my EE profile I put down my Bachelor and Diploma and got 128 as CIC consider it Two or more certificates + one of the programs being 3 or more years long.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 12:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

So good news is I did get points on it. Exactly how I calculated it on the CRS calculator was exactly the points I got. So this thread will hopefully help someone help.

National Diploma in the UK or anything pre university is considered post secondary, so when I filled out my EE profile I put down my Bachelor and Diploma and got 128 as CIC consider it Two or more certificates + one of the programs being 3 or more years long.
You can only try. As long as it has been accredited on your WES report then I very much doubt it would be classed as misrepresentation however I'm obviously far from being an expert on this.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Do you have a time expected. I would email them and ask for when u would expect your ECA. I made up a BS story saying I was moving address etc and needed line of sight of when I was due the ECA so that i can plan accordingly. Got an email back saying 20th March 2017 and it went into evaluation on the 20th February
Old Mar 17th 2017, 12:44 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Do you have a time expected.
No, do they typically provide that? It just says "Documents received - review in progress" and that the review normally takes 20 days from receipt of documents to complete.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

No, do they typically provide that? It just says "Documents received - review in progress" and that the review normally takes 20 days from receipt of documents to complete.
Yep - so if you go on WES contact (wes dot org slash support) and in the "Select Your Question Category" - select the "change of evaluation type". Fill it all other fields accordingly.

Then just do what i said. However, have WES received all your docs? From yourself, university/college?

If they have then ping them an email, stating what i said in the previous post. Good luck dude
Old Mar 17th 2017, 6:43 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Yep - so if you go on WES contact (wes dot org slash support) and in the "Select Your Question Category" - select the "change of evaluation type". Fill it all other fields accordingly.

Then just do what i said. However, have WES received all your docs? From yourself, university/college?

If they have then ping them an email, stating what i said in the previous post. Good luck dude
I presume that the status it's now at means they have what they need. Before I checked late last week it still said "awaiting documents". I mailed them a photocopy of my degree certificate 1 day after doing the application (don't even get me started on what a pointless exercise that is) and IIRC my university sent transcripts over 1 week later.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

I presume that the status it's now at means they have what they need. Before I checked late last week it still said "awaiting documents". I mailed them a photocopy of my degree certificate 1 day after doing the application (don't even get me started on what a pointless exercise that is) and IIRC my university sent transcripts over 1 week later.
Call your university and request the DHL tracking number. Check to find out if it was delivered and signed for.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 11:42 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Call your university and request the DHL tracking number. Check to find out if it was delivered and signed for.
That is assuming that my university sent it by DHL or another trackable service. They may have just used regular airmail AFAIK.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

That is assuming that my university sent it by DHL or another trackable service. They may have just used regular airmail AFAIK.
O thy with little faith lol. Most institutions use DHL (at least from the UK). DHL give out discounts due to the amount of letters sent per day, per week, per month.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 11:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

O thy with little faith lol. Most institutions use DHL (at least from the UK). DHL give out discounts due to the amount of letters sent per day, per week, per month.
Whenever my university mailed anything to me it was usually either by Yodel or the Royal Mail. I have IELTS next weekend and then obviously receiving the results from that takes a couple of weeks so I'll keep my eye on it and chase up WES if nothing changes.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Whenever my university mailed anything to me it was usually either by Yodel or the Royal Mail. I have IELTS next weekend and then obviously receiving the results from that takes a couple of weeks so I'll keep my eye on it and chase up WES if nothing changes.
So IQAS have just sent me the ECA. They stated my 2 year national diploma was secondary and not post secondary whilst WES stated it was equivalent to 1 year college certificate lol. I'm just so confused as to why the process is so fragmented

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.