Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

Old Feb 14th 2017, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC National Diploma in IT - IQAS & WES Evaluation

I would argue doing a National Diploma in engineering as appose to non specific A-levels does make me more qualified in engineering.

I know when I went to university there were things I covered at national diploma level which were not covered at degree level such as extensive machine shop work. There were also things I did cover at national diploma level which the university gave me the option of skipping some university lectures based on my prior study. I opted to attend anyway but the option was there.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 10:52 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I would argue doing a National Diploma in engineering as appose to non specific A-levels does make me more qualified in engineering.

I know when I went to university there were things I covered at national diploma level which were not covered at degree level such as extensive machine shop work. There were also things I did cover at national diploma level which the university gave me the option of skipping some university lectures based on my prior study. I opted to attend anyway but the option was there.
You're thinking like an engineer. You need to look at this from a bureaucratic point of view. They will only look at papers and take them at face value, nothing more.

For years Canada didn't accept FSW immigrant applications from most types of IT professional despite an obvious demand for IT skills on the Canadian labour market.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You're thinking like an engineer. You need to look at this from a bureaucratic point of view. They will only look at papers and take them at face value, nothing more.

For years Canada didn't accept FSW immigrant applications from most types of IT professional despite an obvious demand for IT skills on the Canadian labour market.
From a purely bureaucratic point of view I have a transcript and certificate for my degree and National Diploma and also a WES report saying the ND is equivalent to a Canadian 2 year diploma. I'd have thought that means I could claim 2 or more qualifications, one being over 3 years. From a plainly black and white perspective, that's how that reads to me?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

mungozavvy is an unknown quantity at this point

From a purely bureaucratic point of view I have a transcript and certificate for my degree and National Diploma and also a WES report saying the ND is equivalent to a Canadian 2 year diploma. I'd have thought that means I could claim 2 or more qualifications, one being over 3 years. From a plainly black and white perspective, that's how that reads to me?
How long did you ND take for WES to assess. My status is still in review and hasn't changed and a bit conscious it's going to take forever.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:11 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't a Canadian 2 year diploma an Associates degree?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:19 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by mungozavvy
How long did you ND take for WES to assess. My status is still in review and hasn't changed and a bit conscious it's going to take forever.
There's a thread on another forum that I visit occasionally that suggests there are people who submitted their applications to WES in December and still haven't received their reports back yet.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Isn't a Canadian 2 year diploma an Associates degree?

I've no idea, the WES report just says Canadian Equivolency Diploma (2 years).

It doesn't really matter for me anyway as I have a Masters but it does look like there are multiple interpretations and I can see the reasoning behind both arguments.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

There's a thread on another forum that I visit occasionally that suggests there are people who submitted their applications to WES in December and still haven't received their reports back yet.
There was this one dude who submitted back in August 2016 and only just got his report. Do you have a link to that forum by any chance?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

There was this one dude who submitted back in August 2016 and only just got his report. Do you have a link to that forum by any chance?

Was that due to how long it took him/his universities to submit his documents or WES delays?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Was that due to how long it took him/his universities to submit his documents or WES delays?
I asked him and he said it is how long WES took. That dude was pretty patient if you ask me. I would have tried another provider in the interim
Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:05 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I don't think the admin here would like me providing that link tbh. If they are happy for me to post it though then I can do that.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think the admin here would like me providing that link tbh. If they are happy for me to post it though then I can do that.
Message me it?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:21 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Again, are the moderators OK with that? I don't want to get into any trouble.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Again, are the moderators OK with that? I don't want to get into any trouble.
haha we can go around in circles lol. How would they know? Would you prefer to email me instead? You said the other link is a forum, so i would imagine it is open to the public and hence wouldn't be online in the first place?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:48 pm
Sidecar Falcon

OK I will PM the link to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.