BTEC National Diploma & CES

Old Apr 15th 2018, 6:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC National Diploma & CES

Originally Posted by hishamx87

Pathetic.
I’m sorry to say, but even Pearson themselves say a Level 3 BTEC is equivalent to A Levels. https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...s.html/student

So it’s not surprising that ECA agencies are saying the same. They’re probably just looking at the website and taking the info from there!

Best of luck with the EE app, I hope you’ve got enough points without the diploma to get an ITA.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 15th 2018 at 6:32 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

hishamx87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayJJeffery
Yap, i'd be more hopeful as you did the two years though, don't give up! I'm off to NZ in January so i've gotten over it
I will keep trying and writing to them

Best of luck for NZ
Old Apr 15th 2018, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I’m sorry to say, but even Pearson themselves say a Level 3 BTEC is equivalent to A Levels. https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...s.html/student

So it’s not surprising that ECA agencies are saying the same. They’re probably just looking at the website and taking the info from there!

Best of luck with the EE app, I hope you’ve got enough points without the diploma to get an ITA.
I am sitting at 413, so currently, no chance for direct ITA.

That's actually wierd. I have already written to ICES, let's see what they say about it.

I am just wondering how can a mechanical engineering diploma be equivalent to high school
Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

**edit** I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, its still relevant here so will leave it. My full context is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...valent-907198/

I got evaluated today as the following:

"Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)"

No idea if that scores me any points or not, it 'fits' the wordage used on CIC's website as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

(source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ad-report.html)

But it also says "one semester" so that kind of goes against the whole "one year" thing.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion I can find about people getting this exact result from WES, does anyone know if this is worth points?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by acrylicus
**edit** I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, its still relevant here so will leave it. My full context is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...valent-907198/

No idea if that scores me any points or not, it 'fits' the wordage used on CIC's website as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

But it also says "one semester" so that kind of goes against the whole "one year" thing.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion I can find about people getting this exact result from WES, does anyone know if this is worth points?
Did you send your only BTEC Level 3 diploma or did you also include other prior education documents as well?

I read somewhere in other forums where someone wrote to WES and clarified that the "one semester" narration in the ECA is incorrect, for which, WES asked the applicant to bring a letter from his/her college to prove that its a full time course. This was provided and a revised ECA report was published.

It's worth a try.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hishamx87
Did you send your only BTEC Level 3 diploma or did you also include other prior education documents as well?

I read somewhere in other forums where someone wrote to WES and clarified that the "one semester" narration in the ECA is incorrect, for which, WES asked the applicant to bring a letter from his/her college to prove that its a full time course. This was provided and a revised ECA report was published.

It's worth a try.
They asked for my prior education documents, but I refused as we are talking at least 8 GCSE's and other A-Levels, the fees alone would have been over £500 - which is a lot for a gamble with poor odds.

I only sent my L3 BTEC certificates.

I've just emailed WES asking why it says one semester and if I can get that changed.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 8:03 am
Just Joined

They asked for my prior education documents, but I refused as we are talking at least 8 GCSE's and other A-Levels, the fees alone would have been over £500 - which is a lot for a gamble with poor odds.

I only sent my L3 BTEC certificates.

I've just emailed WES asking why it says one semester and if I can get that changed.
Let us know the outcome. I have also written to ICES regarding their ECA. Let's hope.

Best of luck!
Old Apr 16th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Mines a 1 year level 5 btec pro diploma in music performance.

I was certain I'd be ok but now im not so sure
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Mines a 1 year level 5 btec pro diploma in music performance.

I was certain I'd be ok but now im not so sure
As a level 5 Parsons have it as equivalent to the 1st and 2nd years of an undergraduate degree. The question in your case is more likely to be whether music performance is classed as academic or vocational.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...-by-level.html
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

So nerveracking. My backup is my 2 year music technology national award, but its only a level 3
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Guys I literally just got the email from BCIT, it came back as:|

Credential 1: one year certificate.

Is that good or bad?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

JayJJeffery is an unknown quantity at this point

I just rechecked mine and this is what WES gave me, CES gave me the high school equivalent.

One semester is not a full year and therefore will not count, it's stupid and I ended up going up to the chain of command to the head of operations of WES in Canada and they said that's what they consider it as, even if i did a full year, it's the equivalent of only a semester here.

Worth disputing but doubtful I'm afraid.

To the last post, one year certificate post secondary is good.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yesssssss!
Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Yesssssss!
It will just depend on how many points you needed. If it’s enough to get you past the magic 450 number for an ITA, then yesssssss indeed.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JayJJeffery
I just rechecked mine and this is what WES gave me, CES gave me the high school equivalent.

One semester is not a full year and therefore will not count, it's stupid and I ended up going up to the chain of command to the head of operations of WES in Canada and they said that's what they consider it as, even if i did a full year, it's the equivalent of only a semester here.

Worth disputing but doubtful I'm afraid.

To the last post, one year certificate post secondary is good.
Try writing to Pearson and explain them the situation. Once you get their response forward the same to WES. There's a possibility that the same course is offered in Canada too and is considered as post secondary education.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.