Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 12:48 pm   #31
Fun Sponge
Super Moderator

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma - ECA Equivalent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylicus View Post
I did 2x IEC's and worked from the day of activation to the day of leaving. I just did the calculator again found here:

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

and came up with the following:

I also did it for 1 years experience in Canada, just in case and it came out as 464 points.
OK, but according to your first post, you worked on IEC from July 2013 to June 2015 - that's not two full years? "- I activated my IEC in July 2013, I left the country in June 2015"

If you're scoring 489 then you're laughing and can apply now surely? Or even 464 if it's one year's work experience? That's more than you originally said, I haven't checked your answers to see what's changed but if you're sure about that score then I'd get a wiggle on and apply asap!
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 12:52 pm   #32
Forum Regular

acrylicus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
OK, but according to your first post, you worked on IEC from July 2013 to June 2015 - that's not two full years? "- I activated my IEC in July 2013, I left the country in June 2015"

If you're scoring 489 then you're laughing and can apply now surely? Or even 464 if it's one year's work experience? That's more than you originally said, I haven't checked your answers to see what's changed but if you're sure about that score then I'd get a wiggle on and apply asap!
That's my score if my BTEC is eligible as one years post secondary. I am going to apply for the ECA Monday, we'll see what they come back with!

And you are right, it was 23 months, not quite 2 years (although the company did keep me on as a remote worker until September...). I think I'll rather not risk it and put down 1 year, as it still garners me enough points if I can get the points for education.
acrylicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 12:57 pm   #33
Fun Sponge
Super Moderator

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's my score if my BTEC is eligible as one years post secondary. I am going to apply for the ECA Monday, we'll see what they come back with!

And you are right, it was 23 months, not quite 2 years (although the company did keep me on as a remote worker until September...). I think I'll rather not risk it and put down 1 year, as it still garners me enough points if I can get the points for education.
Remote working doesn't count, only work experience actually in Canada counts, so 23 months would be 1 year as only full years count. But as you say, you may have enough anyway - fingers very tightly crossed!
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 5:18 pm   #34
Forum Regular

Got home from work and thought "screw it" so I've applied via WES for an ECA. I'll let you know in a month or so how it goes
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 5:19 pm   #35
Fun Sponge
Super Moderator

Quote:
Got home from work and thought "screw it" so I've applied via WES for an ECA. I'll let you know in a month or so how it goes
Good for you! Fingers crossed for the next month then (it'll be awfully hard working and cooking dinner for the kids with them crossed, but hey ).
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 8:43 pm   #36
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Good for you! Fingers crossed for the next month then (it'll be awfully hard working and cooking dinner for the kids with them crossed, but hey ).
Hahaha thank you!
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:42 am   #37
BE Forum Addict

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Budget for a couple of months. As with most Canadian businesses, their quoted timescales mean very little unfortunately, at least if my experience of them was anything to go by.
DigitalGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st 2018, 8:51 pm   #38
Forum Regular

At long last I have heard back from WES - but it's not exactly good news.

They want my "Examination Results, Certificate of Secondary Education". Which sounds like they may want my A-Levels or GCSE's... that's going to be a lot of work and money to get all of them together from the examining bodies.

Or am I interpreting this wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/n9zHl
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:03 am   #39
BE Forum Addict

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At long last I have heard back from WES - but it's not exactly good news.

They want my "Examination Results, Certificate of Secondary Education". Which sounds like they may want my A-Levels or GCSE's... that's going to be a lot of work and money to get all of them together from the examining bodies.

Or am I interpreting this wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/n9zHl
Did you include your GCSE's or A-Levels on the WES application?

If you have anything higher then they can be completely left off.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:23 am   #40
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
Did you include your GCSE's or A-Levels on the WES application?

If you have anything higher then they can be completely left off.
No - just my L3 BTEC and nothing more.

Any idea what they are expecting me to send with that message?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:25 am   #41
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
No - just my L3 BTEC and nothing more.

Any idea what they are expecting me to send with that message?
I would interpret it in the same way as you. They seem to want your GCSE/A-Level results.

The rules on those are strange though because Canada considers A-Level to be equivalent to a Canadian High School Diploma so technically GCSE results on their own aren't worth anything. I'd email them and make sure tbh.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:45 am   #42
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I would interpret it in the same way as you. They seem to want your GCSE/A-Level results.

The rules on those are strange though because Canada considers A-Level to be equivalent to a Canadian High School Diploma so technically GCSE results on their own aren't worth anything. I'd email them and make sure tbh.
I really hope not, I did my exams with about 5+ examining bodies. 3 A-Levels, and 11 GCSE's is going to be very time consuming and very expensive to get sent across.

I've emailed them, hopefully they get back to me before Monday.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 9:19 pm   #43
Just Joined

willmissthebeeronly is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt get this request but when i submitted my highest education and requested transcripts to follow i did include the copies of a levels and gcses i still had that showf dates and grades etc......scan and email and see what happens as that doesnt cost anything.....

.everything that comes after does!
willmissthebeeronly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:35 am   #44
Forum Regular

WES 'got back' to me today on my enquiry, rubbish response with no further clue on exactly what they need from me. I am not going to waste all the time and money required to contact each of my A-Level providers until I get a coherent response from WES confirming what they need, and if they need it at all.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting World Education Services (WES).

We will not be able to complete the evaluation until the following documents are submitted:
Appropriate External Examining Authority, United Kingdom
Certificate of Secondary Education, .
Examination Results | Not Received

Important Notice: Please contact your institution that awarded you this degree directly to either have them send it to us or send it to you in a sealed envelope.

Best Regards,

WES Customer Service
I responded with:

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for responding to my last question, but I am afraid that I still am unsure exactly what you need from me.

I have submitted my BTEC qualification, which has been acknowledged and accepted by you - however you advise you are looking for "Appropriate External Examining Authority, United Kingdom, Certificate of Secondary Education".

I am not looking to get my secondary education evaluated, only the BTEC which I have submitted. The "required documents" page says I only need to provide the Academic transcript and Final certificate, which I have sent and has been acknowledged by you.

Please only review my BTEC and not my secondary education.

Kind regards,
Josh
Now to roll the dice and wait another week for a response.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 11:42 am   #45
Just Joined

hishamx87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did you get your ECA?

Thanks,
hishamx87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)