Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bridging Open Work Permit - Working holiday expires soon

Bridging Open Work Permit - Working holiday expires soon

Old Feb 13th 2018, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Hami3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bridging Open Work Permit - Working holiday expires soon

Hi all,

I apologise if I have placed this in the wrong thread but I'm extremely anxious and because of my stupidity have left this too long.

My working holiday visa expires on the 9th of March. I have yet to apply for my PR and have just been informed that I can get a BOWP so I can work when my PR application has been sent.

Just a few questions that I would so appreciate if someone could help me with, does the PR application need to be completely finished before I can apply for the BOWP? What I mean is because I have such little time left on my visa, realistically would I have enough time to fully apply for my PR?

I have also heard that I cannot work until I get my bridging permit approved, is this correct? How long does it usually take and is there an express option?

I'm losing sleep over this, I really don't want to go back home just yet. I really appreciate any information.

Thank you
Old Feb 13th 2018, 6:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Open Work Permit - Working holiday expires soon

Hi

Originally Posted by Hami3
Hi all,

I apologise if I have placed this in the wrong thread but I'm extremely anxious and because of my stupidity have left this too long.

My working holiday visa expires on the 9th of March. I have yet to apply for my PR and have just been informed that I can get a BOWP so I can work when my PR application has been sent.

Just a few questions that I would so appreciate if someone could help me with, does the PR application need to be completely finished before I can apply for the BOWP? What I mean is because I have such little time left on my visa, realistically would I have enough time to fully apply for my PR?

I have also heard that I cannot work until I get my bridging permit approved, is this correct? How long does it usually take and is there an express option?

I'm losing sleep over this, I really don't want to go back home just yet. I really appreciate any information.

Thank you
1. You can't apply for a BOWP until you receive an ITA and have submitted a complete PR application. (The BOWP is included with the application)
2. True as an IEC work permit is not extendable, you can't continue to work until you received a BOWP.
3. Note that if you haven't submitted your PR application, before your IEC expires, you will have to apply for an extension as a visitor.
4. There is no express option.
5. Complete applications for PR are processed in 6 months for 80%.
Old Feb 14th 2018, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Hami3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bridging Open Work Permit - Working holiday expires soon

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You can't apply for a BOWP until you receive an ITA and have submitted a complete PR application. (The BOWP is included with the application)
2. True as an IEC work permit is not extendable, you can't continue to work until you received a BOWP.
3. Note that if you haven't submitted your PR application, before your IEC expires, you will have to apply for an extension as a visitor.
4. There is no express option.
5. Complete applications for PR are processed in 6 months for 80%.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.