BOWP help, please!!

Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

monkeyspanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BOWP help, please!!

Hello everyone,

My daughter posted another site earlier today and as so many of ou on here have been so helpful previously I wonder if you might be able to help her again, this time with her BOWP application. This is the original post:

I am currently on an IEC 2 year work visa which expires in November. I am hoping for an ITA in a draw prior to my IEC work visa expiring. As I was uncertain of receiving an ITA prior to the end of my work visa I have already applied for a visitor's visa and I am awaiting a decision on this. Assuming I receive an ITA, submit my PR application and have an e-AOR for PR application, I intend to also submit a BOWP application and have been looking at form IMM5710E in preparation.

As I have no definite visibility of a continuing work visa, my current employment will end sometime in early November prior to my IEC visa expiry . If I get a BOWP I do have a verbal offer of employment with a different employer in a different town.

I have a few questions:
1) On the BOWP in the initial section question 3, should I tick "A work permit with the same employer" or "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer"?

2) In the Details of Intended Work in Canada Section I assume I should select "Open Work Permit" should I put in details of the most likely verbal offer or leave this section blank?

Thanks again for reading and for any input.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BOWP help, please!!

1) new employer.

2) yes - as per this CIC page which tells you that you must select open work permit. Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit And leave it blank imo.

HTH.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

monkeyspanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BOWP help, please!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
1) new employer.

2) yes - as per this CIC page which tells you that you must select open work permit. Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit And leave it blank imo.

HTH.
To the rescue again Christmasoompa, thank you!!

We have all been reading the CIC/IRCC documents but as many of the forms appear to be generic so it's difficult to trust yourself and interpretation of questions.