BC pnp nomination

Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC pnp nomination

Hi everyone so last night we had the best news ever we received our nomination yay!!!!!. Thankyou to everyone on this forum for your help and experience. So now to tackle the next stage so just 1 more question just does not make sense to me, I will start my PR application tomorrow adding my PNP nomination to it as well we have received a work permit letter so my question is I also apply for a work permit as well wait for that to be processed (5-7weeks) then book our flights. I've also heard you can fly over there with your nomination and receive your work permit at the port of entry is that correct because it sounds to obvious or am I missing something? Hope this makes sense, thankyou again tamasin
Old Oct 20th 2017, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC pnp nomination

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hi everyone so last night we had the best news ever we received our nomination yay!!!!!. Thankyou to everyone on this forum for your help and experience. So now to tackle the next stage so just 1 more question just does not make sense to me, I will start my PR application tomorrow adding my PNP nomination to it as well we have received a work permit letter so my question is I also apply for a work permit as well wait for that to be processed (5-7weeks) then book our flights. I've also heard you can fly over there with your nomination and receive your work permit at the port of entry is that correct because it sounds to obvious or am I missing something? Hope this makes sense, thankyou again tamasin
If you hold a passport from a non visa country such as the UK, France, Germany etc you will need to apply for eTA and on arrival in Canada produce the PNP nomination letter and job offer/contract and pay the relevant fees. If its an Open work permit then its $155 + $100.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

We came in August on my husband's pnp nomination. We had the nomination confirmation, job confirmation letter, medical forms, confirmation of pr application and police checks. We were given 2 year open work permits on point of entry in Vancouver. All very easy and straight forward (and didn't cost anything!) - just make sure you're organised with all your paperwork.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou guys I just thought you had to apply for your work permit before you leave
Old Nov 1st 2017, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again I've researched all your answers and finally got all the paperwork needed to fly out after Christmas, my 1 last question is the only thing that has not been mentioned is confirmation of application for PR, will the CBSA officer ask for this as well? Hope former Lancastrian can answer me. Again thankyou all so very much for all your help and guidance I just wanted to get things right before we fly over.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again I've researched all your answers and finally got all the paperwork needed to fly out after Christmas, my 1 last question is the only thing that has not been mentioned is confirmation of application for PR, will the CBSA officer ask for this as well? Hope former Lancastrian can answer me. Again thankyou all so very much for all your help and guidance I just wanted to get things right before we fly over.
On arrival the CBSA officer will be wanting to see the PNP nomination letter as in post #2. They won't need to see the confirmation of PR application as many have not even submitted it prior to arriving. The PNP letter is an indicator that you will be applying for PR at some stage.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou I'm just over thinking things thankyou very much,
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

We are landing 20th November with a PNP nomination and plan to sort work permits at the port of entry

I have already submitted my PR application so have copies of all the paperwork submitted for that and the PNP just in case its asked for.

I was told by the folk who assisted me in the PNP that all I needed to pay for up front was the $100 open work permit fee for my wife so I have arranged this and have the receipt to bring along with the job offer, PNP and confirmation of need letters
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

I think I have just missed something, because I'm working with children I think I may need a medical before we leave. Will they need to see that at port of entry ? I promise this will be my last question and no more bugging you guys, thankyou
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think I have just missed something, because I'm working with children I think I may need a medical before we leave. Will they need to see that at port of entry ? I promise this will be my last question and no more bugging you guys, thankyou
If woking hands on with children then yes a medical is required and you won't be issued a work permit until the results are known.
Define working with children.

Jobs for which you need a medical exam
You may have to get a medical exam because of the type of job you want to do in Canada. Examples of such jobs are:

Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as:
workers in the health sciences field
clinical laboratory workers
patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children
domestics
workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
day nursery employees and
other similar jobs
Medical exam requirements for temporary residents (visitors, students and workers)
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Yes I will be working in a childcare center as an early childhood educator.I have a letter from my family doctor has written to my new manager stating that I'm fit for working with children but that's not going to be enough is it former Lancastrian?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I will be working in a childcare center as an early childhood educator.I have a letter from my family doctor has written to my new manager stating that I'm fit for working with children but that's not going to be enough is it former Lancastrian?
No its not you need a medical exam done by a panel physician.
Panel Physicians
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou so much for your quick responds former Lancastrian, I will book it now so that will clear me for a work permit at poe so I will have my PNP nomination, work permit support letter, eta, job offer, and medical and money to pay for mine and my husbands work permit?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

Our whole family had to do the medical for my husband to work as a doctor. You might want to check if that's the case for you. You'll also need your police checks to work with children.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 3:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannah1001
Our whole family had to do the medical for my husband to work as a doctor. You might want to check if that's the case for you. You'll also need your police checks to work with children.
Are you sure? Or was it that the whole family had to have a medical for Permanent Residency, regardless?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.