Bank draft in Canadian dollars

Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:32 am
Just Joined

SamLight is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bank draft in Canadian dollars

We have just completed all our forms - finally! We are sending the forms to the London Visa office & I just can't find who to make the bank draft payable to.

We would appreciate advice on this - thanks
Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Headhurts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank draft in Canadian dollars

Originally Posted by SamLight
We have just completed all our forms - finally! We are sending the forms to the London Visa office & I just can't find who to make the bank draft payable to.

"The Receiver General For Canada"

And you have to tell them that it will be paid in Canada.

Last edited by Headhurts; Apr 11th 2005 at 11:36 am.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:40 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Welcome to the forum and the waiting game.

I can tell you that it is a great feeling to get application away. You are probably onto this already but just in case just make sure that you use a tracking system when you send your application. It is a great feeling to see when it has arrived too.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:24 am
Just Joined

SamLight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzRob
Welcome to the forum and the waiting game.

I can tell you that it is a great feeling to get application away. You are probably onto this already but just in case just make sure that you use a tracking system when you send your application. It is a great feeling to see when it has arrived too.

Haven't got the bank draft yet so still waiting to send off application. What tracking system do you mean? Sorry - very new to this!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We just sent a letter to Calgary we wanted to make sure it arrived...I paid for "International signed for" when I sent it, and tried to track it online. However, the trail stops once it was passed to the overseas dept for shipping!

There is a service called "Airsure", which is priority service both here and abroad, but only to 26 countries, of which Canada is not one!! USA yes, Canada no.

If anyone has found a sure way to track mail all the way to destination in Canada I'd be interested to hear of it please.

Morwenna

edit:
Oops just realised, you are sending it to London anyway, not Canada, ... well just ask at the post office. The above question still stands though please.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Apr 13th 2005 at 11:34 am.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Morwenna
We just sent a letter to Calgary we wanted to make sure it arrived...I paid for "International signed for" when I sent it, and tried to track it online. However, the trail stops once it was passed to the overseas dept for shipping!

There is a service called "Airsure", which is priority service both here and abroad, but only to 26 countries, of which Canada is not one!! USA yes, Canada no.

If anyone has found a sure way to track mail all the way to destination in Canada I'd be interested to hear of it please.

Morwenna

edit:
Oops just realised, you are sending it to London anyway, not Canada, ... well just ask at the post office. The above question still stands though please.

Wes sent our application stuff to Vancouver via UPS, cost £26, tracked all the way, even to the point you could see which airport it was at....
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy but true, you can only track it until it's left the country...but, if my recent experiences are anything to go by, that's the dangerous part of its journey - once it's out of Royal Mail's hands it has a pretty high chance of being delivered safely
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:34 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
Wes sent our application stuff to Vancouver via UPS, cost £26, tracked all the way, even to the point you could see which airport it was at....
Pardon my ignorance...what does UPS stand for?

And Biiiiink, ....I have heard truly bad things about the Canadian postal service, though I admit it's hard to imagine they are worse than the UK!!

Morw
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:37 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Haven't got the bank draft yet so still waiting to send off application. What tracking system do you mean? Sorry - very new to this!
Just like the other posters have eluded to use a delivery method by which you are informed that your documents have been delivered.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Pardon my ignorance...what does UPS stand for?

And Biiiiink, ....I have heard truly bad things about the Canadian postal service, though I admit it's hard to imagine they are worse than the UK!!

Morw
United Parcel Service

http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/index.jsx
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:22 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

follow this link for your records you can print off details to make sure you send it correctly. This is the Canadian High Commission site.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm

Don't forget name and address on back.
This is the site not everyone can find, as most of the forms are on the main CIC website. This is specific for London, and where details of fees and cheque payments lurk for London applicants.

Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:36 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
I used UPS a few weeks ago to send my documents to my lawyer in Toronto

I cannot fault them, and I tracked them the whole journey,

Took them 4 days, posted friday and they guaranteed them by 10am monday morning, They arrrived at 10.08am on Monday morning

Cost was £34

Eddie