Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Old Jan 30th 2006, 11:52 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Originally Posted by CanadaMan
Miller

All of you assumed that I am wrong and the immigration officer is wright.

Immigration officer is human and he/she mad mistakes.

My case is very clean and clear and I am going to challenge you and Buffalo office. I am planning to sue Buffalo office.

I know how much that will cost me money, but it principle thing and I am willing to defend my principles.

See you Buffalo office in court
Hi CanadaMan,

It must be very difficult for you. Please clam down and wait for the CAIPS notes. It will tell you the reason for the interview. Don't go to the extreme end. It doesn't do any good thing to your file anyways. It could be a very simple interview. After all, all you are waiting for so long is PR status, not another long fight.

Again, best of luck!

Regards!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 12:34 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You obviously didn't read or didn't comprehend my post #13 in this thread where I explained to you what may or may not happen once your case is re-assessed by officer in consulate where it has been forwarded to.

It doesn't matter that you think that your case is clean and clear - maybe it is, maybe it is not. About 50% applicants are refused every year and all of them were sure that their cases were "clean and clear" too.

Where your attitude is coming from????

Please read again post #13 above and pay this time attention to 3 different scenarios of what may happen in consulate before you go on any crazy rampage.

Miller

My case is very clean and clear and I am going to challenge you and Buffalo office. I am planning to sue Buffalo office.

I know how much that will cost me money, but it principle thing and I am willing to defend my principles.

Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:28 am
Just Joined

optimas is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

This is too bad. I'm in pretty much the same timeline.

AOR May 2004
MED + Interview waiver Nov 2005
trying to wait for PPR, but it looks like things are not that easy.
It's highly possible that I could receive an interview letter.
I'm in-Canada student, applied to Buffalo as SW, been in Canada for almost 4 years, never been to other countries before except home country. So what?

Anyway, those who got the interview letter, could you please share the immigration officer's initial on your CAIPS. I'm just wondering our cases are all handled by the same nasty guy..
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by optimas
This is too bad. I'm in pretty much the same timeline.

AOR May 2004
MED + Interview waiver Nov 2005
trying to wait for PPR, but it looks like things are not that easy.
It's highly possible that I could receive an interview letter.
I'm in-Canada student, applied to Buffalo as SW, been in Canada for almost 4 years, never been to other countries before except home country. So what?

Anyway, those who got the interview letter, could you please share the immigration officer's initial on your CAIPS. I'm just wondering our cases are all handled by the same nasty guy..
Hi All,

Andrew is right. Well, I had applied for my Canadian Immigration in July 2002. Received my IA in Oct 2003 with all clear but no medicals. Then out of the blue received a letter stating that interview is required and file ha been transfered to New York from Buffalo. Waited and waited. Luckily I lived in NY so just went straight to the consulate and inquired. Surprise.... 2 days later I got my interview schedule letter. Applied for CAIPS in the meantime but there was no mention of anything out of the ordinary in the CAIPS. Nerveous and puzzled, I attended the interview in Feb 2004. The lady who took my interview aws the most polite person I have ever met in my life. She made me feel very comfortable and the whole interview was more of a conversation rather then the grilling that I had expected. Infact the conversation went so well that we even discussed personel interests and hobbies. Piece of cake. After the immigration officer told me that I have passed the interview, I asked her if she can tell me the reason why I was asked called for the interview. She replied that they had tried to contact my current employer and were not able to get in touch with them. . So, you can imagine that it need not be a very serious reason for them to call you. Just relax ( I know that its hard to relax when you are called for an interview) and be prepared and be honest. Remember..... the person on the other side of the glass wall is a human being too and they are just trying to do there job. Good luck to all who are awaiting interview and once its over.... you will say this too... " Piece of cake". Take care.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Geet;

I totally agree with you and all others about interview. I am willing to do the interview at any time and any where because I do not have any thing to hide.

We are not happy with the waiting time, where our life is waiting for another 6 to 12 months for simple questions can be asked over the phone or e-mail or fax or thousands of new technology of communications.

We do not have to wait that long for simple questions.

I asked Buffalo office to interview anytime and anywhere but I did not receive response, I offer them several communication options and the answer wait for the interview to be schedule.

I am pursing the court option, while I am waiting for the interview. It is my final call and I am sure that the court will prove that I am right and Buffalo office mistreated my application.

This is not for me only but for thousands of peoples who suffers because misreading applications. I discussed with team (5) of lawyers and they agreed with me about this.

Good luck all of you
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:30 pm

Of course that lwayers will agree with you - they make money when you sue someone. As them for a written money back guarantee in case your lawsuit is dismissed or lost and see what then happens.

What you want to sue Buffalo for??? For doing their job? Law doesn't say that you must be granted interview waiver just because you want to. Law says that interview may be waived if officer determines at the time of assessment that there is sufficient and conclusive evidence to make a selection decision without interview. Quite often at the time of assessment certain info, claims and or evidence included with application are not sufficient to make selection decision, thus interview call is being made and in case of Buffalo application is forwarded to one of 4 consulates that conduct interview. In many cases interviewing consulate receives additional evidence and result of background check (verification of education/experience credentials and personal info) prior to re-assessment of the case and it results in interview being waived anyway. But in some cases at the time of re-assessment by interviewing consulate existing info may still be inconclusive, thus interview date is scheduled. If by the time of interview additional info is received making evidence conclusive then interview is just a simple friendly conversation - but if case is still inconclusive then applicant is asked a lot of questions.

You have absolutely no case for lawsuit - Buffalo is doing it's job.

And for your information - we here in Canada don't really want American style frivolous lawsuits, so you will not be helping your case by filing or threatening to file a lawsuit.

Geet;

I totally agree with you and all others about interview. I am willing to do the interview at any time and any where because I do not have any thing to hide.

We are not happy with the waiting time, where our life is waiting for another 6 to 12 months for simple questions can be asked over the phone or e-mail or fax or thousands of new technology of communications.

We do not have to wait that long for simple questions.

I asked Buffalo office to interview anytime and anywhere but I did not receive response, I offer them several communication options and the answer wait for the interview to be schedule.

I am pursing the court option, while I am waiting for the interview. It is my final call and I am sure that the court will prove that I am right and Buffalo office mistreated my application.

This is not for me only but for thousands of peoples who suffers because misreading applications. I discussed with team (5) of lawyers and they agreed with me about this.

Good luck all of you
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

Dude, seriously, simmer down now. Do you think you have any chance of winning this? The best you'll get is additional months in delay while your case is being held for court's investigation.

Geet;

Good luck all of you
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:01 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey CanadaMan
you wouldnt be a "Canada Man" if you do that! Threatening to sue when you know you will lose big time is something I have seen the first time. You will be shelling out tons of money to the lawyers just to see yourself lose. And once you lose, forget your immigration. You are harming your case further by doing this!! If people start thinking like you, Canadian Immigration would be flooded with sue claims....
Relax and calm down and wait for your interview. Thats the best option for you right now!!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:19 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we all wasting time giving this jerk advice? Let him waste his money! Let him be refused his visa! Do we really need his self-important type in Canada?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Five lawyers - that sounds v. expensive. Just make sure you leave enough money over for your proof of funds when landing. Lawyers given half a chance will spend every penny you have.

As for doing it for everyone else. I'd be more inclined to worry about yourself and your application. Everyone knows that the CIC works to its own speed and timescale and their are no guarantees. Most people don't get worked up enough to speak to so many lawyers.

Just out of interest have the lawyers told you how much this lawsuit will cost you?

Geet;

Good luck all of you
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:26 pm

Even if cost of lawsuit is irrelevant for CanadaMan and he wants to provide 5 lawyers with good income for next 1 to 2 years the lawsuit will freeze his case for those 1 to 2 years. Let him do it, one less case taking processing resources for next 2 years...

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
Five lawyers - that sounds v. expensive. Just make sure you leave enough money over for your proof of funds when landing. Lawyers given half a chance will spend every penny you have.

As for doing it for everyone else. I'd be more inclined to worry about yourself and your application. Everyone knows that the CIC works to its own speed and timescale and their are no guarantees. Most people don't get worked up enough to speak to so many lawyers.

Just out of interest have the lawyers told you how much this lawsuit will cost you?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:39 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Even if cost of lawsuit is irrelevant for CanadaMan and he wants to provide 5 lawyers with good income for next 1 to 2 years the lawsuit will freeze his case for those 1 to 2 years. Let him do it, one less case taking processing resources for next 2 years...
Andrew,
Thanks for repeating what I said it was very kind of you
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

Miller

wow!!! i see attitude .. you have to learn to sit and wait like the rest of us, your not the only one, we all think our case is clean and clear, but trying to sue the buffalo office is uncalled for, do you really think they will rush your case through because you are threatening to sue them....I THINK NOT!!

sit back like everyone else your time will come if you drop the attitude :scared:
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

imagination92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lace
wow!!! i see attitude .. you have to learn to sit and wait like the rest of us, your not the only one, we all think our case is clean and clear, but trying to sue the buffalo office is uncalled for, do you really think they will rush your case through because you are threatening to sue them....I THINK NOT!!

sit back like everyone else your time will come if you drop the attitude :scared:
YOUR TIME WILL COME and mine too(I hope so)
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:06 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Hey Chuck, what's the deal on your CIC interview?
Pass/No pass

Originally Posted by Chuck_H.
Hey CM...don't feel so bad, as today I received the same letter. My timeline is sort of close to yours (AOR July 2004, IA Feb 2005, Meds March 2005) and when I received IA there was no interview needed. Now this. Totally demoralized at this point, so I can feel your pain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.