Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

I received a letter today and they put me on the interview list in buffalo.

I have been waived the interview first time but today I received letter for interview. :scared:

Another six months waiting for interview and who knows when this loooooooooong process will finish.

AOR May 2005
IA-no interview Dec. 2004
Medical March 2005
Letter to finish early 2006 Dec. 2005
Letter for interview Jan. 2006.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Order your CAIPS notes to see why they have changed their mind and called you for an interview.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Chuck_H. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadaMan

I have been waived the interview first time but today I received letter for interview. :scared:

Another six months waiting for interview and who knows when this loooooooooong process will finish.

AOR May 2005
Medical March 2005

Hey CM...don't feel so bad, as today I received the same letter. My timeline is sort of close to yours (AOR July 2004, IA Feb 2005, Meds March 2005) and when I received IA there was no interview needed. Now this. Totally demoralized at this point, so I can feel your pain.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:51 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Hi CanadaMan + Chuck_H.

I feel so bad for you two! Please try not to get too upset. Apply for CAIPS notes asap and find out the reasons.

Best of the luck!

Cheers!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

We had our interview waived,medicals and security check completed and decisions made.We got the interview letter in march of 2005. We have waited for 11 months and now the interview is on next week in LA.Hope yours does not take this long.

AOR May 2005
Medical March 2005
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:44 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Bad news from Buffalo ----- interview

Those who get called for interviews :scared: , have you paid your Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

It's bad, because you are waiting for the PPR instead you got the interview letter. This was exactly what happened to me last year!

For me, I had to look at the bright side of this that the process is moving along instead of being forgotten or dead.

Now I am even more relaxed because the whole thing is over. But it didn't get over just like that. Before it is over, I've been through whatever you are having now.

So cheer up!

Hunter

AOR May 2005
Medical March 2005
Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Chuck_H. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hunterh
It's bad, because you are waiting for the PPR instead you got the interview letter. This was exactly what happened to me last year!

For me, I had to look at the bright side of this that the process is moving along instead of being forgotten or dead.

Now I am even more relaxed because the whole thing is over. But it didn't get over just like that. Before it is over, I've been through whatever you are having now.

So cheer up!

Hunter
I think you might be right, Hunter, in the case we are given the interview instead of just being forgotten. Also, does anyone know if at this point of time, if our application could have just been labeled "refused", instead of being asked to attend an interview? If that is the case, then maybe an interview is much better news than I previously thought.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know the statistics, not sure if others experts would have any regarding this. But from what I heard, "most" of the interviewed (second round) cases got the visa later. And at least several such cases (including mine) happened recently in this board.

Doesn't this sound good?

Originally Posted by Chuck_H.
I think you might be right, Hunter, in the case we are given the interview instead of just being forgotten. Also, does anyone know if at this point of time, if our application could have just been labeled "refused", instead of being asked to attend an interview? If that is the case, then maybe an interview is much better news than I previously thought.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

could it be a security interview?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for help. I will order CAIPS and wait for the interview but I am sure that immigration officers are wasting my time and other people time by asking for interview.

Because of his lack of performance and time , he does not spend enough time to go over the case carefully, so he take the easy way and ask for the interview. In the interview, He will ask me stupid questions and I will give answers and explain to him how he can read my file very carefully.
Trust me, it is the truth.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:00 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for help. I will order CAIPS and wait for the interview but I am sure that immigration officers are wasting my time and other people time by asking for interview.

Because of his lack of performance and time , he does not spend enough time to go over the case carefully, so he take the easy way and ask for the interview. In the interview, He will ask me stupid questions and I will give answers and explain to him how he can read my file very carefully.
Why dont YOU just tell THEM that they should issue your visa without an interview? After all it would show them what a cocky conceited prat you are and save them time and allow genuine people to be processed quicker.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

And you know that it is the truth because ....

The reality is that background check (verification of personal data and education/employment credentials) in most cases is not completed by the time of initial assessment. Officers often take info and documents submitted with application at their face value at the time of assessment just to speed up the process. If they would assume that every applicant is a liar and a scumbag then they would wait with assessment until background check is concluded. And probably it would be good idea for some reasons, but not for all. Instead they have given you benefit of the doubt and conditionally accepted your claims and evidence - but seems that you don't appreciate this.

Now after some or all background check results are back there are some discrepancies or other matters that Buffalo determined cannot be cleared by them and decided to transfer your case to proper consulate for interview.

And once your case gets there one of three possible scenarios will happen:

1. Reviewing officer will upheld Buffalo's determination and slate your case for interview; or

2. Officer will request additional evidence from you before making new interview decision; or

3. Additional results of background check arrive in time to clear doubts or questions and officer will grant you another interview waiver.

So, before you start being pain in you know where try to comprehend the above and hope for the best.

Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Miller

All of you assumed that I am wrong and the immigration officer is wright.

Immigration officer is human and he/she mad mistakes.

My case is very clean and clear and I am going to challenge you and Buffalo office. I am planning to sue Buffalo office.

I know how much that will cost me money, but it principle thing and I am willing to defend my principles.

See you Buffalo office in court
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't go into your interview with that attitude. Even if, in your words, your case is straight forward. I'm sure if you rub the officer up the wrong way they have enough get out clauses that they can reject you if they want to. You need to go in and be - yes sir, no sir and tell them everything they want to know.

Miller

All of you assumed that I am wrong and the immigration officer is wright.

Immigration officer is human and he/she mad mistakes.

My case is very clean and clear and I am going to challenge you and Buffalo office. I am planning to sue Buffalo office.

I know how much that will cost me money, but it principle thing and I am willing to defend my principles.

See you Buffalo office in court

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.