Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Background Check in India for RPC BUffalo

Background Check in India for RPC BUffalo

Old Feb 6th 2001, 7:49 pm
ssayez12

Hello !

How long does it take to complete the background check in India ? I am an Indian National
resideing in the US, applying for PR from Buffalo. I had called the office and I was told
that my file is complete , they are waiting for the background checks to happen, and that
they were still within the 14-20 month timeframe for processing such applications ? My
problem is that my medicals expire in July and the 14th month is May...do I need to have
to do the medicals again ??

thanks s

Old Feb 7th 2001, 2:40 pm
David Cohen

Hello !
>
> How long does it take to complete the background check in India ? I am an Indian
> National resideing in the US, applying for PR from Buffalo. I had called the office and
> I was told that my file is complete , they are waiting for the background checks to
> happen, and that they were still within the 14-20 month timeframe for processing such
> applications ?

There is no fixed time frame for the background clearance. Delays range considerably
depending on the individual circumstances of the case.

> My problem is that my medicals expire in July and the 14th month is May...do I need to
> have to do the medicals again ??

The immigration officials can extend the validity of the medical examination results at
their discretion. It is not necessarily the case case, therefore, that additional medical
examinations will be required.

It is also not out of the realm of possibility that they may issue the landing documents
with only a short period available in which to land.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Feb 8th 2001, 12:39 pm
supadhyayula

Hi, After getting the AOR it took me 15months to get interview notice.I know that they did
the background check but i haven't done my medicals before.

supadhyayula