Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Checking Application Status Frustrations

Checking Application Status Frustrations

Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checking Application Status Frustrations

Good Afternoon,

Today I tried to check my application status on the IRCC web page by entering in firstly my Application No: and then my UMI but with no success. I just got back that no application could found with the info that I had entered

After trying a few times it appears that I had exceeded my login attempts.

I decided to go this way rather than my normal way of logging in. should i be concerned that my application may not be active or currently being looked at?
surely the application should be linked and bring up the current status no matter how you log in??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as per usual.

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking Application Status Frustrations

Why aren't you looking in your MyCIC account?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Snowy,

I do log on to the CIC account via using my GC Key etc but i thought it odd when I went the other way that it couldnt find any trace of my application. I am probably just being paranoid but it would be nice to see some movement once in a while.
It appears like time is running out but not much progress is being made.
I would like to think that I have done everything correctly.
I am currently working on a TFWP which will expire in Mid January. I have applied for P.R via FSW for myself and my family on 6th August. I also applied for my BOWP on the 27th of September as I believe I was just inside the 4 month expiry date of my current work permit.
I am sure there are thousands out there in the same boat but patience wears thin at times when you cant plan in advance.

Regards

Farmboy
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

But you can find it in your portal Correct?

If so don't worry about it.

You will have to be patient. It's like watching the kettle boil.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 7th 2017 at 8:23 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Snowy,

Yes when I go in through CIC online I can see my application and when the medical was passed etc etc. Nothing has moved in quite a while though. I hear you about the watched pot!!
How long did your Journey take?
I have looked at that immytracker web link but dont find it that helpful.
Would there be any objections to starting a progress timeline on the forum here for the FSW PR stream applied inland Canada on the back of a current TFWP?
I am sure there are many others on here in the same boat?

Regards

Farmboy
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Would there be any objections to starting a progress timeline on the forum here for the FSW PR stream applied inland Canada on the back of a current TFWP?
I am sure there are many others on here in the same boat?
It's not against the rules, but in all honesty we try to discourage timeline threads. They are a route to madness and just cause too much angst! There are too many variables when it comes to visa processing so comparing your own timeline to others is fairly pointless tbh.

You know that the published processing times are 6 months as an average, so use that as a rough guide, but I wouldn't look at others timelines as so much depends on the country of origin, where that person has lived, their family members, employment and background checks, or even something as simple as whether or not the immi officer assigned to the case has had a 3 week holiday somewhere in the processing time or not.

Just know that your application is progressing behind the scenes, your online status won't be updated every step of the way (if it did, processing times would rocket as that's the last thing CIC officer have time for!) but assuming all is ok with your app, you will get PR at some point.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Christmas,

Thank you for your response and words of wisdom.
I just wanted to check 1st and use some sort of etiquette before storming right ahead.
I will go and find something else to occupy myself in the meantime. Its cooled down now and harvest is all but wrapped up hence the spare time I have to annoy myself with P.R process LOL

Many Thanks

Farmboy
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Tell your wife to give you a jobs list.......I've got a feeling she might just find you something to keep you busy.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha its a good job my wife doesnt have access to the forum to see your suggestions Christmas!!

Thanks for the suggestions though.....