Applying for BOWP

Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BOWP application process

Good Evening Folks;

I am just about to apply for my BOWP online as my current work permit has just less than 4 months to run before expiry.
I have read some accounts that this will not be processed until my current PR application which was submitted has been checked for eligibility.
My online application was submitted nearly 2 months ago and so far our medicals have been passed and our background checks have changed a couple of times between not applicable and now being processed.
Does this mean that I can still apply or do i have to wait until this is complete?
I would like to apply as soon as possible as I am sure it takes a little while to process with CIC.

Regards

Farmboy
Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for BOWP

Hi Guys me again sorry

I am trying to apply for a BOWP online and the process is driving me up the walls.

Do I really have to go all the way through the come to Canada wizard again??

I seem to be going around in circles here and getting more frustrated by the minute.

Can anyone guide me through the steps please?

Thanks

Farmboy

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 20th 2017 at 2:46 pm. Reason: Merged your 2 threads, please don't post multiple threads on the same subject, thanks :)
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for BOWP

Im assuming you have read these 2 links
Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit

International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lancastrian,

Yes I have read both of those links on the website.
So When I went through the process to find out what I was eligible for I came out with two different answers. One just for a normal work permit @ $155 which doesnt seem right. I was under the impression that it was approx $255
The other option was PR under the FSW. I have already applied for P.R and just want to progress to the BOWP. Unless I am checking the wrong boxes I dont know but CIC certainly do not make the process straight forward!!
Can someone please advise what steps I need to take as I cant seem to get very far.

Regards

Farmboy
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Hi Lancastrian,

Yes I have read both of those links on the website.
So When I went through the process to find out what I was eligible for I came out with two different answers. One just for a normal work permit @ $155 which doesnt seem right. I was under the impression that it was approx $255
The other option was PR under the FSW. I have already applied for P.R and just want to progress to the BOWP. Unless I am checking the wrong boxes I dont know but CIC certainly do not make the process straight forward!!
Can someone please advise what steps I need to take as I cant seem to get very far.

Regards

Farmboy
Just follow the process in the first link FL gave you, that takes you straight to the application page.

HTH.