Application in Singapore, anyone?

Old Feb 6th 2001, 11:46 am
olvy

Our application is with the CHC in Singapore. We've completed medicals and
interview in November. Does anyone have any idea how much longer we have to wait
for the brown envelope?

Old Feb 6th 2001, 4:21 pm
Richard

Here is my posting from just a few days ago regarding the timeline for my wife's
application. I hope this helps you out:

Finally...with much anticipation, worry and stress in the past 8 months, my wife received
her landing papers today. Here is our timeline:

Category: Spousal sponsorship, wife is Indonesian Family Class Immigration through
Singapore Total time: 6 months 2 weeks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

May 30 2000 Sent sponsorship application to Mississauga
(only application fee paid)

June 27 2000 Received AOR letter and application for my wife

July 13 2000 My wife couriers her application to Singapore

July 14 2000 Official day of receipt for application by Singapore

Aug 30 2000 Wife received AOR form letter from Singapore

Oct 30 2000 Wife receives request for more passport size photos for application, although
we did send the required #

Oct 31 2000 ROLF is paid at bank, copy of receipt couriered to Mississauga with
cover letter

Nov 1 2000 Extra photos sent to Singapore with a faxed copy of ROLF receipt enclosed to
notify them it's paid.

Nov 14 2000 AOR of ROLF payment received from Mississauga

Nov 15 2000 Wife receives request for medicals

Nov 20 2000 Wife completes medical exam

Jan 12 2001 Faxed application status inquiry to Singapore

Jan 19 2001 Faxed second inquiry to Singapore after no response in 5 days as guaranteed by
them on message system.

Jan 23 2001 Received phone call from Canadian High Commission in Singapore to inform me
the landing papers will be sent in three days!

Feb 1 2001 WIFE RECEIVES LANDING PAPERS!

A couple comments:

I believe the medicals might have come a bit earlier if the ROLF had been paid with the
sponsorship form or even just a bit earlier. However, they still completed the application
in the 6 month time frame they estimated.

The High Commission will only respond to status inquiries AFTER six months have passed
since their receipt of the application (for spousal applications only, other application
types have longer processing times). On their automated answering service they say they
will respond to an inquiry within five days of receipt. I did not receive any response for
a week, so I faxed another letter of inquiry with a bit of a stronger tone, and they
called back two days later. Polite persistence pays off ! Most likely they have a backlog
of files, so sending an inquiry seems to get some attention paid to it.

Hopefully this information will help any of you out there in understanding the procedures
and time frames involved. Good luck to all, and thank you to all who provided information
and glimmers of hope when the waiting seemed interminable.

Richard

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:46:04 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>Our application is with the CHC in Singapore. We've completed medicals and interview in
>November. Does anyone have any idea how much longer we have to wait for the brown
>envelope?

Old Feb 7th 2001, 9:43 am
olvy

Thank you for your posting. I am still worried that our application might take longer - we
applied under the independent category (IT professionals), filed last October 2000.

We had our interview and medicals at around the same time as your wife, but we have not
received any news yet.

Anyway, congratulations to you.