Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 27th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

kalaar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Similar situation here, TWP runs out in December. Employer applied for 1 year LMO yet again, even after I told him to ask for 2 as it makes no difference to him (this is second year here in Calgary) and really can't be bothered with doing the LMO and TWP process a 3rd time for the same job so hoping we get our PR visa before December.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:57 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

CIC have requested RCMP police clearance for us via our immigration lawyer yesterday.

So looks like our file is being worked. ECAS doesnt show anything. So work goes on in the back ground that nobody knows about.

Our lawyer did say that medical requests are coming through in 4 months at the moment - so fingers crossed for us all
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't get the timeline in our signature! But we sent our details following our 120 day email in early December, we received our AOR on 25th January and received our request to attend for medicals on the 5th May. Medicals arranged for Friday 6th June at the same time we will pay the RPRF and hopefully....................
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Des and Chris
I can't get the timeline in our signature! But we sent our details following our 120 day email in early December, we received our AOR on 25th January and received our request to attend for medicals on the 5th May. Medicals arranged for Friday 6th June at the same time we will pay the RPRF and hopefully....................
Good luck with the medicals - almost there now!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
CIC have requested RCMP police clearance for us via our immigration lawyer yesterday.

So looks like our file is being worked. ECAS doesnt show anything. So work goes on in the back ground that nobody knows about.

Our lawyer did say that medical requests are coming through in 4 months at the moment - so fingers crossed for us all
Fabby news MC
lns
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Fabby news MC
lns
Thanks lns.

I was at my friends house today when she recieved her medical request. She just stared at it with a big grin I was so excited for her. Hopefully that will be us soon.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Just wanted to keep the thread alive....

It has been 14 weeks since AOR, and no hint of medical requests. Looking at other peoples timelines it seems the whole process has slowed down. Bit scarey because we have only another 4-6 weeks before our house is sold, we are negotiating on a house in NS, and now I think we may end up running the risk of moving over there without our PRs....

Anybody done this already? Moved over without them? It is a huge risk, but frankly I have already handed in my notice and we will soon be homeless, so it is a risk either way. Hubby won't get a job offer until the PRs are through, and no point applying for TWP when it may take longer than the PRs. Any thoughts?

LL x
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

FSW with arranged employment:

Initial application to Sydney November 19, 2009.
120 day letter January 22, 2010.
AOR March 15th

Status changed to "in process" on May 17, 2010

Med requests arrived June 22nd
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kalaar

AOR March 15th

Welcome to the thread. I notice that you have arranged employment which will speed things up a bit. Well done...super news.
Where are you hoping to settle?
linsy
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Just wanted to keep the thread alive....

It has been 14 weeks since AOR, and no hint of medical requests. Looking at other peoples timelines it seems the whole process has slowed down. Bit scarey because we have only another 4-6 weeks before our house is sold, we are negotiating on a house in NS, and now I think we may end up running the risk of moving over there without our PRs....

Anybody done this already? Moved over without them? It is a huge risk, but frankly I have already handed in my notice and we will soon be homeless, so it is a risk either way. Hubby won't get a job offer until the PRs are through, and no point applying for TWP when it may take longer than the PRs. Any thoughts?

LL x
Frustrating isn't it. We are going to Canada on holiday 4 weeks today and to think we thought we may be able to 'land' on this holiday back at the turn of the year. Oh the niavety!!! Not even moved to 'in process' yet.
Its all soooo slowwwww!
lnsy
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by kalaar

AOR March 15th

Your time line is moving really fast! Have you got friends in high places
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Wow, congratulations on your speedy timeline kalaar! As Lins says, it must be the fact that your employment is already arranged. I hope the rest of your journey goes as smoothly - and perhaps you could rub off some of that good fortune on us?!

LL x
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Welcome to the thread. I notice that you have arranged employment which will speed things up a bit. Well done...super news.
Where are you hoping to settle?
linsy
Been in Calgary since December 08 on a TWP and staying here for at least the short-mid term.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all,

Bit of good news for us - Hubby sat his 6 hour Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technolgists exam in May in Halifax NS (without which he could not work in his profession), and we got the results back.... He passed first time! Yay! This means we can seriously pitch the South Shore hospitals for employment, as he is fully Canadian qualified.

We have also sent a case specific email to update our records, hoping this will jog them into giving us our medicals.

Roll on Canada...

LL x
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Hello all,

Bit of good news for us - Hubby sat his 6 hour Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technolgists exam in May in Halifax NS (without which he could not work in his profession), and we got the results back.... He passed first time! Yay! This means we can seriously pitch the South Shore hospitals for employment, as he is fully Canadian qualified.

We have also sent a case specific email to update our records, hoping this will jog them into giving us our medicals.

Roll on Canada...

LL x
Great news lady locket!!!

Roll on 'in process'

I cant stand the wait, dont know about you.
lns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.