Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi James,

I have this mental image of a tower of application files gathering dust in some cubbiehole in the London office! I have also started to have "forbidden" thoughts...like, maybe we should just give up, move to Timbuktu or Swaziland and be happy ever after.
I am really, really REALLY not good at waiting, I am actually impatience on legs so this waiting for the Med Request is quickly turning into my nemesis!
Anyway, I reckon we should inform each other if there´s any development at all. Good luck, let´s hope it´s not going to take tooooo much longer.

Gaby
Hi Gaby, you should add your timeline to your signature so other people can see where you're at
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi James,

I have this mental image of a tower of application files gathering dust in some cubbiehole in the London office! I have also started to have "forbidden" thoughts...like, maybe we should just give up, move to Timbuktu or Swaziland and be happy ever after.
I am really, really REALLY not good at waiting, I am actually impatience on legs so this waiting for the Med Request is quickly turning into my nemesis!
Anyway, I reckon we should inform each other if there´s any development at all. Good luck, let´s hope it´s not going to take tooooo much longer.

Gaby
ooohhh Gaby, would you like to borrow this too?? it really helps!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:28 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,

Gaby
Hi Gaby

The best thing you can do is try to get on with normal life. Get too involved with the process, on a day to day basis, and you'll end up going round the bend as you say.

We're AOR 12th August 2010 showing as 'received by visa office' and, judging by past results posted in the forum, I'm not expecting to hear too much for a couple of months at least. Of course soon would be nice, but that's unlikely to be the case... I'm always open to pleasant surprises though

How about you add your time-line and we'll see where you're at in the process and maybe offer some encouragement to help you out
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

your timeline is almost the same as ours james.mc!

like you said, it's best to try and not think about it too much(although it is difficult) and just try and get on with things

My own opinion is that people in our timeframe will start to go 'in process' around March/April time and if all is ok start getting med requests in June/July time, with eventual PPR around September/October
We had originally planned to go over in May when we first applied to get summer over there but now we think we might not make it in 2011 at all!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty1974
your timeline is almost the same as ours james.mc!

like you said, it's best to try and not think about it too much(although it is difficult) and just try and get on with things

My own opinion is that people in our timeframe will start to go 'in process' around March/April time and if all is ok start getting med requests in June/July time, with eventual PPR around September/October
We had originally planned to go over in May when we first applied to get summer over there but now we think we might not make it in 2011 at all!
Problem is, if med's get done in July sort of time, there's a chance they'll fill their allocation of PR visas for the year and we won't get PPR until the following year, ie. 2012...
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Problem is, if med's get done in July sort of time, there's a chance they'll fill their allocation of PR visas for the year and we won't get PPR until the following year, ie. 2012...
your right RDOD, there is that to consider as well, at least though it seems if you are left waiting until the turn of the year PPR comes fairly quickly, like it did for folk this year, or maybe I'm just being optimistic

it's all just one big waiting/guessing game really
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

RDOD and Scotty - our timelines are very close as we had AOR 25 Aug 2010.

This is the firs ttime I have checked on here since Sep 2010 as the more you check the slower the wait. I agree broadly that Med requests look likely to be May/June at this rate. Having been made redundant in 2008 and now working on temporary contract we are now both looking forward to moving on with our lives in BC/Canada. Frustrating for us all. All please take heart that it is worth the wait and we are all in the same boat.......
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:53 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
I am aware that there are now limits in places for certain FSW NOC codes and when the allocation is filled they will stop accepting applications until the next year. Not something I feel should concern those of us that have already received AOR's.

However, I wasn't aware that there were PR Visa allocation/limits also in place (per year) though
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

From memory its 20,000 FSW places pa and there are about 30 occupations or so and a max of 1,000 per NOC. We can only proceed in best faith and see what happens. I just don't understand why they protract it though - if you have a skill shortage you should encourage those people to come to you country and make it a smoother process. My OH is lead applicant and she is an Occupational Therapist.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe if you have a job offer then you FSW application is accepted the cap is only for those with no employer
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:01 pm
All Sooked up!

So, I interpret what has been written as....

Even if you were approved under FSW and have, on request, submitted medicals (without medicial issues) around (say) July, you may not get a call for passports to have PPR visas added if the FSW Visa immigration cap (as opposed to FSW NOC Cap) has been reached for that year.
Therefore, with that scenario, you would most likely be kept waiting until the start of the following year before receiving a request for visa's to be added.
This could conceivably add another 4 months to the process.

Our plans are for a late 2011/early 2012 shift anyway, but I though the point might be worth clarifying for others planning an earlier move.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

Faith & hope people, don't surrender by letting that beast cut loose.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by haniyasin
Faith & hope people, don't surrender by letting that beast cut loose.
I am faithfully hanging in there in the hope that we go into process very soon

I'll get my coat.......
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by james.mc
I am aware that there are now limits in places for certain FSW NOC codes and when the allocation is filled they will stop accepting applications until the next year. Not something I feel should concern those of us that have already received AOR's.

However, I wasn't aware that there were PR Visa allocation/limits also in place (per year) though
At a recent expo I was told by an immigration official that the limit on visas per noc code per year was only on applications recieved since the last rule change, (summer 2010 I think). Our application was recieved Feb 1st 2010 in NS so ours will be dealt with under the rules that applied at that time.

If this is incorrect I'm sure someone will be along to correct me but that is what I was told. Good luck all.

Tracy
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
At a recent expo I was told by an immigration official that the limit on visas per noc code per year was only on applications recieved since the last rule change, (summer 2010 I think). Our application was recieved Feb 1st 2010 in NS so ours will be dealt with under the rules that applied at that time.

If this is incorrect I'm sure someone will be along to correct me but that is what I was told. Good luck all.

Tracy
Tracy, you are right. It only applies to post 26th june apps. Although it does seem that there is an overall PR quota that they dont go over, hence the lack of PPR's towards the end of 2010 and the plethora of PPR's early 2011-if that makes sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.