Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

anyone know what proof CIC req for Aunt/Uncle?

anyone know what proof CIC req for Aunt/Uncle?

Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

FromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone know what proof CIC req for Aunt/Uncle?

hi

declaring Canadian family connections gives me extra points if i go down the self employed route

does anyone know what proof CIC require from me or my Aunts? both live in Ontario and i intend to live iN BC

Also one of my aunts is in a nursing home

thanks
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone know what proof CIC req for Aunt/Uncle?

You need proof of your relationship to them i.e. birth certs, plus proof that they live in Canada i.e. utility bills, and finally proof of their status in Canada i.e. a copy of their PR card or citizenship cert/passport.

You only need proof of one relative, so I wouldn't worry about the aunt in a nursing home and it doesn't matter that they're in a different province to where you intend to settle.

Just checking, but you're aware of the lengthy processing times for self-employed apps?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:39 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You need proof of your relationship to them i.e. birth certs, plus proof that they live in Canada i.e. utility bills, and finally proof of their status in Canada i.e. a copy of their PR card or citizenship cert/passport.

You only need proof of one relative, so I wouldn't worry about the aunt in a nursing home and it doesn't matter that they're in a different province to where you intend to settle.

Just checking, but you're aware of the lengthy processing times for self-employed apps?
What is the processing time for self-employed these days?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
What is the processing time for self-employed these days?
Oh, just a teeny tiny 5 or 6 years.

You'd think they'd not have many applications given how few NOC codes are eligible, but because self-employed apps aren't prioritised and so few are processed each year (approx 200 iirc, compared to the 30,000+ under EE) there's quite a backlog.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 12th 2017 at 7:42 pm.