Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew Miller - can you answer this question?

Andrew Miller - can you answer this question?

Old Jan 30th 2001, 9:11 am
brianpowers

Andrew

Enclosed is copy of emails i posted yesterday, i hope you will be able to answer
my question

Many thanks for your time

----------------------------------------------------------

BPI don't think you need any type of a work visa for this. Just because your telecommuting
on a temporary basis while you are traveling abroad wouldn't require you to get any
special visas. But I could be wrong... better get advice from some of these immigration
gurus...

/kevon

> Hi
>
> I hope someone can help me here. I am a uk citizen employed by a uk company. Alot of my
> work is from home. I am going to canada on a visitors visa for a holiday (about two
> months). I will be staying with a friend and using their pc to do my work for my company
> in london.
The
> company will still be paying me for my work into my bank here in the uk. the work and
> clients i will be working for will be uk based
>
> Do i have to get any work permit for doing this? or am i classed a
> a businessman abroad doing some work for his company at home.
>
> Many thanks
>
> BP
>