An advice would help :-)

Old Feb 8th 2001, 12:37 am
Wail

Hi... My wife and I applied for the canadian immigration in January 2000 and we are
currently living in canada actually. We both had our canadian police clearances and finger
prints check ups in April 2000. I had my medical examination also in May 2000. My wife
hadn't as she was pregnant at the time. Then, we notified the immigration office of our
child's birth although he was born in canada. We were asked to send an official child
birth certificate. So we did. It's been 3 months now since we sent the birth certificate
and still haven't heard anything yet. As a matter of fact, we are not even sure that our
immigration file is complete (although we believe so as we haven't received anything that
says otherwise.) What do we think we should do in such a situation? Should we write to the
immigration office asking about the status of our application, or may we'd better wait for
a little longer?

Thanks,

-- Wail

Old Feb 8th 2001, 1:38 am
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

Although it is best to wait, you may want to fax a letter inquiring into the status of
your application. Make sure that you quote your CIC file number.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
> Hi... My wife and I applied for the canadian immigration in January 2000 and we are
> currently living in canada actually. We both had our canadian police clearances and
> finger prints check ups in April 2000. I had my medical examination also in May 2000. My
> wife hadn't as she was pregnant at the time. Then, we notified the immigration office of
> our child's birth although he was born in canada. We were asked to send an official
> child birth certificate. So we did. It's been 3 months now since we sent the birth
> certificate and still haven't heard anything yet. As a matter of fact, we are not even
> sure that our immigration file is complete (although we believe so as we haven't
> received anything that says otherwise.) What do we think we should do in such a
> situation? Should we write to the immigration office asking about the status of our
> application, or may we'd better wait for a little longer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Wail

Old Feb 8th 2001, 1:43 am
Andrew Miller

CIC is still waiting for your wife's medicals (she should have completed her medicals
after the birth) and likely a background/security check is not yet concluded. You didn't
say through which visa post you submitted your applications and where are you from, so it
is impossible to assess if your case is already beyond the published processing times for
the particular visa office or not.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
> Hi... My wife and I applied for the canadian immigration in January 2000 and we are
> currently living in canada actually. We both had our canadian police clearances and
> finger prints check ups in April 2000. I had my medical examination also in May 2000. My
> wife hadn't as she was pregnant at the time. Then, we notified the immigration office of
> our child's birth although he was born in canada. We were asked to send an official
> child birth certificate. So we did. It's been 3 months now since we sent the birth
> certificate and still haven't heard anything yet. As a matter of fact, we are not even
> sure that our immigration file is complete (although we believe so as we haven't
> received anything that says otherwise.) What do we think we should do in such a
> situation? Should we write to the immigration office asking about the status of our
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Wail

Old Feb 8th 2001, 2:38 am
Wail

Thanks for the reply. I wrote a letter when my wife was pregnant asking the immigration
officer if it is possible to consider the medicals she's undergone to get the canadian
visa as it was less than one year old. I did not receive a reply. So I understood that was
a 'yes' because I had some missing documents in my application and I had been notified
later of that but such a thing did not happen with my wife's medicals! I'm not sure if I
was right in my guess but I wrote back to the immigration officer letting him/her know of
what I guessed. Besides, I've been asked to provide a child's birth certificate later on
but nothing was mentioned about my wife's medicals and that's another clue that made me
belive that the immigration officer accepted my request (I hope I'm not mistaken.) My wife
and I are actually from Tunisia and we sent our immigration application to Buffalo, NY.

Sincerely,

-- Wail

Andrew Miller wrote:

> CIC is still waiting for your wife's medicals (she should have completed her medicals
> after the birth) and likely a background/security check is not yet concluded. You didn't
> say through which visa post you submitted your applications and where are you from, so
> it is impossible to assess if your case is already beyond the published processing times
> for the particular visa office or not.
>
> --
>
> ../..
>
> Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
> [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending
> an email)
> ________________________________
>

> >
> > Hi... My wife and I applied for the canadian immigration in January 2000 and we are
> > currently living in canada actually. We both had our canadian police clearances and
> > finger prints check ups in April 2000. I had my medical examination also in May 2000.
> > My wife hadn't as she was pregnant at the time. Then, we notified the immigration
> > office of our child's birth although he was born in canada. We were asked to send an
> > official child birth certificate. So we did. It's been 3 months now since we sent the
> > birth certificate and still haven't heard anything yet. As a matter of fact, we are
> > not even sure that our immigration file is complete (although we believe so as we
> > haven't received anything that says otherwise.) What do we think we should do in such
> > a situation? Should we write to the immigration office asking about the status of our
> > application, or may we'd better wait for a little longer?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -- Wail
> >

Old Feb 8th 2001, 3:38 am
Andrew Miller

If they accepted medicals done previously for visa then this is background/security check
what is holding the process. It may still take a while.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
> Thanks for the reply. I wrote a letter when my wife was pregnant asking the immigration
> officer if
it is
> possible to consider the medicals she's undergone to get the canadian visa as
it
> was less than one year old. I did not receive a reply. So I understood that
was a
> 'yes' because I had some missing documents in my application and I had been notified
> later of that but such a thing did not happen with my wife's
medicals! I'm
> not sure if I was right in my guess but I wrote back to the immigration
officer
> letting him/her know of what I guessed. Besides, I've been asked to provide a child's
> birth certificate later on but nothing was mentioned about my wife's medicals and that's
> another clue that made me belive that the immigration
officer
> accepted my request (I hope I'm not mistaken.) My wife and I are actually from Tunisia
> and we sent our immigration
application to
> Buffalo, NY.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -- Wail
>
>
> Andrew Miller wrote:
>
> > CIC is still waiting for your wife's medicals (she should have completed
her
> > medicals after the birth) and likely a background/security check is not yet concluded.
> > You didn't say through which visa post you submitted your applications and where are
> > you from, so it is impossible to assess if your
case
> > is already beyond the published processing times for the particular visa
office
> > or not.
> >
> > --
> >
> > ../..
> >
> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending
> > an email)
> > ________________________________
> >

> > >
> > > Hi... My wife and I applied for the canadian immigration in January 2000 and we are
> > > currently living in canada actually. We both had our canadian police clearances and
> > > finger prints check ups in April 2000. I had my medical examination also in May
> > > 2000. My wife hadn't as she was pregnant at the time. Then, we notified the
> > > immigration office of our child's birth although he was born in canada. We were
> > > asked to send an official child birth certificate. So we did. It's been 3 months now
> > > since we sent the birth certificate and still haven't heard anything yet. As a
> > > matter of fact, we are not even sure that our immigration file is complete (although
> > > we believe so as we haven't received anything that says otherwise.) What do we think
> > > we should do in such a situation? Should we write to the immigration office asking
> > > about the status of our application, or may we'd better wait for a little longer?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > -- Wail
> > >
> >

Old Feb 8th 2001, 6:12 am
Jim Humphries

I would write to the office handling your case now and ask for your status. Jim Humphries,
former visa officer

Wail wrote:
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Wail