Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice from experts required to determine what is contained in GCMS notes

Advice from experts required to determine what is contained in GCMS notes

Old Feb 16th 2015, 8:34 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice from experts required to determine what is contained in GCMS notes

Hi Folks,

Medicals done and RPRF paid beginning of November and no news from CPC Ottawa. I had been suggested by a friend of a friend to apply for my GCMS notes to determine where the app is up to and what the delay is. I got the email with GCMS notes today and will it's easy to decipher and hoped someone on here could point out what I need to look out for?

Thanks

Mike
Old Feb 16th 2015, 8:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from experts required to determine what is contained in GCMS notes

When I got mine, they were about 40 pages long. Most of it was just status updates and changes, then logging things like the forms we submitted, and that sort of thing. The only part that was of any note was right towards the end where there were actual written notes by the various officers that talked about their thoughts on the application and such. Otherwise you need ot just find entries for things like "Medical, Status: Received" or that sort of thing, then check the entry dates to get the most recent entry.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 9:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from experts required to determine what is contained in GCMS notes

Mikey, there are several websites that give the breakdown on the codes - here's one:

CaipsNotes.com | CAIPS and GCMS Codes

There's also a pdf that shows a sample file with some explanations: http://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

Old Feb 17th 2015, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to interrupt your thread, Mike, but this is a new concept to me. When does someone typically ask for these? And is it only for PR applications?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:30 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
When I got mine, they were about 40 pages long. Most of it was just status updates and changes, then logging things like the forms we submitted, and that sort of thing. The only part that was of any note was right towards the end where there were actual written notes by the various officers that talked about their thoughts on the application and such. Otherwise you need ot just find entries for things like "Medical, Status: Received" or that sort of thing, then check the entry dates to get the most recent entry.
Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Mikey, there are several websites that give the breakdown on the codes - here's one:

CaipsNotes.com | CAIPS and GCMS Codes

There's also a pdf that shows a sample file with some explanations: http://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by dishwashing
Sorry to interrupt your thread, Mike, but this is a new concept to me. When does someone typically ask for these? And is it only for PR applications?
GCMS is the system that CIC use for PR, not sure if they use for PNP, BOWP, LMIA. There is an online form you can complete and then print, sign and Mail off. If you do it under the privacy act it's free.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

kryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hi! Thanks for the info.

By 40 pages long, does it have the original forms you sent in or just notes on those forms?
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kryt0n
Hi! Thanks for the info.

By 40 pages long, does it have the original forms you sent in or just notes on those forms?
Just notes the forms are kept in a file. The notes can be very hard to read though some notes are simpler than others i.e. meds recvd, letter sent etc etc
GCMS is used for all CIC lines of business including work permits, study permits etc etc. Sometimes the notes will help other times they won't. If still within the timeframes of 80% of applications then the notes won't help too much.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

kryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just notes the forms are kept in a file. The notes can be very hard to read though some notes are simpler than others i.e. meds recvd, letter sent etc etc
GCMS is used for all CIC lines of business including work permits, study permits etc etc. Sometimes the notes will help other times they won't. If still within the timeframes of 80% of applications then the notes won't help too much.
Thanks for the reply. I've just been worried as I made an error in an IEC app 2 years go. Worried how it will affect my PR. Basically said when I was applying I was residing in UK as I had only been living in Canada for 3 nonths. Worried that mistake will come back to haunt me.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. I've just been worried as I made an error in an IEC app 2 years go. Worried how it will affect my PR. Basically said when I was applying I was residing in UK as I had only been living in Canada for 3 nonths. Worried that mistake will come back to haunt me.
I wouldn't worry about that.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I wouldn't worry about that.
Your assuranty is only mildly..assuring. I'm not sure I could forgive myself for putting (genuinely innocently) a bit of wrong info on a form years ago.

I wish I knew how CIC judge these things. If their time is spent checking the jobs we claimed, language tests, degree and police checks then we are golden and innocent. If they check HOW we obtained our last IEC visa then theyay ask questions. Ugh.

Tis' better to have loved...
Old Apr 26th 2015, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your assuranty is only mildly..assuring. I'm not sure I could forgive myself for putting (genuinely innocently) a bit of wrong info on a form years ago.

I wish I knew how CIC judge these things. If their time is spent checking the jobs we claimed, language tests, degree and police checks then we are golden and innocent. If they check HOW we obtained our last IEC visa then theyay ask questions. Ugh.

Tis' better to have loved...
In your case I highly think CIC would not use this as misrepresentation. Under the IEC you always supply evidence that you are eligible. Does country of residence make a huge difference in this case my answer would be no as you were still eligible to apply for the IEC living in the UK or not.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. But back on topic, what do CIC keep on file? I read on their page that all info relating to IEC is destroyed after 2 years and all info from Vergrele is destroyed after 2 years. What do they keep on microfilm and can that be retrieved by us to view?
Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you. But back on topic, what do CIC keep on file? I read on their page that all info relating to IEC is destroyed after 2 years and all info from Vergrele is destroyed after 2 years. What do they keep on microfilm and can that be retrieved by us to view?
No idea what retention period CIC have for files but your client history in FOSS and GCMS is kept for 99 years. So your application for IEC will be destroyed but any work permit issued will be available for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.