Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice about either applying outside or inside of Canada

Advice about either applying outside or inside of Canada

Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:39 am
Just Joined

DjSap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice about either applying outside or inside of Canada

Although we have yet not started our application I wanted to decide now wether to apply for a spousal permanent visa outside or inside of Canada. From looking at the timelines it appears that applications are processed quicker in Canada than if you would apply at the London embassy. My question is how would I go about applying in Canada, am I granted an automatic temporary visit while waiting for my permament visa to be processed or will I have to have a reason for being there such as studying at a canadian university and thus being there on a student visa?

I basically am wondering what my options are if I want to apply inland.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:49 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about either applying outside or inside of Canada

Originally Posted by DjSap
Although we have yet not started our application I wanted to decide now wether to apply for a spousal permanent visa outside or inside of Canada. From looking at the timelines it appears that applications are processed quicker in Canada than if you would apply at the London embassy. My question is how would I go about applying in Canada, am I granted an automatic temporary visit while waiting for my permament visa to be processed or will I have to have a reason for being there such as studying at a canadian university and thus being there on a student visa?

I basically am wondering what my options are if I want to apply inland.
CHC London has been finishing spouse cases within 3-4 months time nowadays.... There is no harm in applying inland, but its a bit of more waiting and u cant work until u receive the first stage approval at CPC-V.

If u are from a visa waiver country, then u can go to canada and apply for the PR visa! By the time ur temporary stay tenure expires, u will have the first stage approval (it takes about 5 months for that and the temporary stay is granted for 6 months) And u dont get an automatic stay in canada if ur PR is in process. In worst circumstances, if the first stage approval is not issued, then u will have to return to ur country!

Inland or Outside, the spouse sponsorship isnt that long a wait, but u have to choose one! everything has its pros and cons, but its u who has to decide on it....////