Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:00 pm   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 28
harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional family form 5406

Hi,

My Canadian girlfriend is sponsoring me (common law), we're both living in Canada.

Additional family form 5406:

Does she have to fill out her own form? With her own Canadian family listed?

Thanks,

Harry
harryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:09 pm   #2
BE Enthusiast
 
Hurlabrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 993
Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg7 View Post
Hi,

My Canadian girlfriend is sponsoring me (common law), we're both living in Canada.

Additional family form 5406:

Does she have to fill out her own form? With her own Canadian family listed?

Thanks,

Harry
It is confusing. It is the Principal Applicant that is answering this form, so it is their family. The PA will obviously also include details of their spouse (i.e. Sponsor), but no, the Sponsor does not complete their own form.

This is what I did on our application (I am the Sponsor, my wife is the PA) and it sailed through.
__________________
Spousal sponsorship: Recd CPC 23/6/2016, AOR 12/7/2016, SA 23/8/2016, LVO, DM 21/12/2016, CoPR 24/12/2016, Flagpole 11/04/2017, PR Card 01/07/2017, Move Nov 2017 Ottawa
Spousal sponsorship FAQ / Wiki
Spousal Sponsorship via London spreadsheet
Hurlabrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:01 am   #3
MelVan Male
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 72
MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurlabrick View Post
It is confusing. It is the Principal Applicant that is answering this form, so it is their family. The PA will obviously also include details of their spouse (i.e. Sponsor), but no, the Sponsor does not complete their own form.

This is what I did on our application (I am the Sponsor, my wife is the PA) and it sailed through.
Agreed. Quite confusing.

I did the same as Hurlabrick, and also sailed through.
__________________
Application received Mississauga 23 Jan 2017; AOR 13 Feb 2017; 5669 & Police Checks submitted 15 Feb 2017; SA 17 Feb 2017; Background check underway 17 Feb 2017; Medicals passed 7 April 2017; Decision made 20 June 2017; Ready for Visa/COPR 1 July 2017
MelVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 7:01 pm   #4
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 28
harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Thanks for your reply guys. Nearly there on getting everything sorted! A couple more Q's if you don't mind..

1) On every single form, do we put N/A in every single field if it does not apply to you?

2) Can photocopies of say passport pages, be in black and white? Or do they have to be in colour.

Thanks in advance

Harry
harryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 7:38 pm   #5
PMM 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,373
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg7 View Post
Thanks for your reply guys. Nearly there on getting everything sorted! A couple more Q's if you don't mind..

1) On every single form, do we put N/A in every single field if it does not apply to you?

2) Can photocopies of say passport pages, be in black and white? Or do they have to be in colour.

Thanks in advance

Harry
1. If a question or field doesn't apply , N/A
2. Black and White is fine.
__________________
PMM
PMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 8:16 pm   #6
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 28
harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Thank you again! One last Q.

On the checklist, it states for the principal applicant that "birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not."

Is this referring all all my brothers and sisters etc.? We have no kids.

Thanks
harryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 8:24 pm   #7
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 14,573
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg7 View Post
Thank you again! One last Q.

On the checklist, it states for the principal applicant that "birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not."

Is this referring all all my brothers and sisters etc.? We have no kids.

Thanks
It would be just any children that you have and you don't have any.
Former Lancastrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:40 pm   #8
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 28
harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Thank you, appreciate it. It seems everytime I come back to read a response, I have a new question!...

I have my IEC wp, therefore I think I have a Client ID/UCI.. I should prove this I assume?
harryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:01 pm   #9
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 14,573
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional family form 5406

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg7 View Post
Thank you, appreciate it. It seems everytime I come back to read a response, I have a new question!...

I have my IEC wp, therefore I think I have a Client ID/UCI.. I should prove this I assume?
Thats also correct. The number is on the work permit.
Former Lancastrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:43 am   #10
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 28
harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thanks!

On each form, if we tick in a 'yes' checkbox, do we need to put 'N/A' in the 'no' checkbox?

We've put 'N/A' in the boxes that were blank. Is this ok?

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 6th 2017 at 4:50 am. Reason: Merged your two posts.
harryg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 7:33 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com