!9 year old now wants to join!!!

Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default !9 year old now wants to join!!!

Dont ya just love them...

Well now he has decided to join me and my partner in Canada. He will finish education in the UK this spring and wants to move over here by the summer.

I am at present working on an LMO, TWP.

We have submitted our PR applications, and no at that time he was adamant that he was not coming so was not on the application.

Can he now come over to live with us, and also will be be eligible to apply for a work permit.. does he need to apply for visa's in London if so which forms does he need to complete etc...

I have spent the day trying to intrepret the GIC website and am back exactly where i started, which is here, but with square eyes..

Any advice/pointers would be gratefully accepted

Scooby
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !9 year old now wants to join!!!

Hi

Originally Posted by scooby109
Dont ya just love them...

Well now he has decided to join me and my partner in Canada. He will finish education in the UK this spring and wants to move over here by the summer.

I am at present working on an LMO, TWP.

We have submitted our PR applications, and no at that time he was adamant that he was not coming so was not on the application.

Can he now come over to live with us, and also will be be eligible to apply for a work permit.. does he need to apply for visa's in London if so which forms does he need to complete etc...

I have spent the day trying to intrepret the GIC website and am back exactly where i started, which is here, but with square eyes..

Any advice/pointers would be gratefully accepted

Scooby
1. First of all you are going to have to amend your PR application to include him, he is also going to have to complete the schedules as he is over 18 and pay the fee.
2. It depends if he is eligible for a work permit. Only if your work permit is AB or O of the NOC in Ontario or Alberta would he be eligible for a work permit.
3. He could apply for a work permit under IEC scheme on his own. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Thks PMM

We are in AB, so work permit should be ok..

As for changing the PR application, oh heavens another potential delay. We were hoping that he could come over, work as a dependent child, under 22 in AB. Then once we have PR apply to sponser him.

I love a good theory, lets see how this works out.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:16 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scooby109
Thks PMM

We are in AB, so work permit should be ok..

As for changing the PR application, oh heavens another potential delay. We were hoping that he could come over, work as a dependent child, under 22 in AB. Then once we have PR apply to sponser him.

I love a good theory, lets see how this works out.
Do check processing times on applying to sponsor family - there was a thread very recently that sposoring parents will now take as long as 13 years!!!!

Best bet is (as ever) to follow PMM's advice and ammend your pr application to include him on it.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that if kids - or any members of family for that matter - were not included on the original PR application ( or withdrew or refused to be allowed to go on applications (split families, etc)), then you couldn't sponsor them in the future?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ann m
I thought that if kids - or any members of family for that matter - were not included on the original PR application ( or withdrew or refused to be allowed to go on applications (split families, etc)), then you couldn't sponsor them in the future?
Only if they were not examined, if they have had the medical then they can be included on the application. If the parents have already "landed" and the children were examined, (medical) then they still can be sponsored as long as they are still dependents.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Only if they were not examined, if they have had the medical then they can be included on the application. If the parents have already "landed" and the children were examined, (medical) then they still can be sponsored as long as they are still dependents.
OK - thanks for clarifying.