British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   2282 worker with an eye across the seas! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/2282-worker-eye-across-seas-904215/)

machinwales Oct 6th 2017 10:58 am

2282 worker with an eye across the seas!

first time poster, so hope i make some sense
i have been thinking of moving to canada for a while
I've checked my job in the list on the CIC page and it comes under catagory B, 2282. is it common for people to move to canada under this and is it in demand?
im planning on doing my ielts in November, so far i have done very well in the mock exams. i will have the $12000 saved up by next year and i have a uk university degree.
also, when doing the points checker i get around 430.
im also 29, with no kids.

do i need anything else to help my chances? i should say i have 6 years experience in said job role.

Former Lancastrian Oct 6th 2017 11:32 am

Re: 2282 worker with an eye across the seas!

What do you score on the FSW selection factor grid? To be eligible under the FSW you need to score 67 or above
Selection factors: federal skilled workers

If you score 67 or above and with a score of 430 on the CRS score of 430 or above its possible to get the ITA for PR under the FSW.
Entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System

christmasoompa Oct 6th 2017 11:33 am

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by machinwales (Post 12354852)
I've checked my job in the list on the CIC page and it comes under catagory B, 2282. is it common for people to move to canada under this and is it in demand?

Not a clue! Sorry. :o. A quick search of the main forum may bring up some relevant threads though. One thing to check is whether or not it's an occupation that is regulated/licensed in Canada, and if so, will you need to sit some exams etc, to be able to work there.

i will have the $12000 saved up by next year and i have a uk university degree.
also, when doing the points checker i get around 430.
im also 29, with no kids.

Bear in mind that the amount for proof of funds goes up a bit each January, so if you're applying next year it will be a bit more than the current $12,300. And don't forget that you'll need to show that amount when you arrive in Canada too, so do make sure you've got enough for the application, flight, and moving costs as well.

Pointwise you're all good, even if you lose points between now and applying due to a birthday, I think you should have enough and get an ITA pretty quickly.

One thing you could look in to as well is an IEC visa? Just in case you wanted to 'try before you buy' and go over on a working holiday visa first before committing to the cost and hassle of a PR application.

do i need anything else to help my chances? i should say i have 6 years experience in said job role.

Don't forget your ECA, that can take a while so best to apply for that asap.

HTH, best of luck to you.

machinwales Oct 6th 2017 12:04 pm

just did a quick run on the fsw and got 72
assuming i dont crash and burn in the ielts exam in november i should be ok

machinwales Oct 6th 2017 12:04 pm

thanks for the reply. this helps me a lot :D

Engineer_abroad Oct 6th 2017 1:37 pm

I've checked my job in the list on the CIC page and it comes under catagory B, 2282.

Remember that NOC code is based on duties and responsibilities and not job title.