11 Days until we move

Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future
Default 11 Days until we move

Hi

Time is ticking and I still haven't packed. Tried talking to people but if your not/have gone through immigration then they look at you with that blank expression you see on Man Utd fans.

I have finished work - Went to the races for my leaving do.....Then back into Leeds for a few It was then that things really hit me, leaving people that I actually care about and have come to depend on to get through life in the UK ( ASBO's, The war in IRAQ & Afgan etc etc ) but what a great night out, staggered in at 3.30am, shouldn't have started drinking at 12 the previous day though!

So what have I actually done? er I have canceled our car insurance and thats about it! I would do more but the MRS is really winding me up about box's that are going freight, there is only 5 but 4 are full of cook books..... I do the ******* cooking and there not my books! £504 for 5 boxes door to door. I nearly passed out when she told me, I would have moved to Lethbridge with my new suit, Golf shirt and my new Callaways, thats it, and the MRS of course

Not looking forward to the family goodbye this weekend - Why is it that most of family can't be bother to visit when you are x amount of miles away but when you tell them that you are jetting off they then become upset?

I guess I really should do something......

I will keep you informed! Please add your views on if I'm Lazy? or just sscared
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

scott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 11 Days until we move

Good luck with the move! We are just awaiting PPR then it will be all systems go. But I know how you feel - we are at the point where we should be doing things but are so depressed waiting I can't be arsed! After our shipping quote (£1800 for 6 cubic metres) I thought 'sod it' and chavved a load more off to the charity shops

Keep up the Canadian Immigration 'It will all be worth it, no chavs in Canada, It will all be worth it, no chavs in Canada'......
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:08 am
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
Hi

Time is ticking and I still haven't packed. Tried talking to people but if your not/have gone through immigration then they look at you with that blank expression you see on Man Utd fans.

I have finished work - Went to the races for my leaving do.....Then back into Leeds for a few It was then that things really hit me, leaving people that I actually care about and have come to depend on to get through life in the UK ( ASBO's, The war in IRAQ & Afgan etc etc ) but what a great night out, staggered in at 3.30am, shouldn't have started drinking at 12 the previous day though!

So what have I actually done? er I have canceled our car insurance and thats about it! I would do more but the MRS is really winding me up about box's that are going freight, there is only 5 but 4 are full of cook books..... I do the ******* cooking and there not my books! £504 for 5 boxes door to door. I nearly passed out when she told me, I would have moved to Lethbridge with my new suit, Golf shirt and my new Callaways, thats it, and the MRS of course

Not looking forward to the family goodbye this weekend - Why is it that most of family can't be bother to visit when you are x amount of miles away but when you tell them that you are jetting off they then become upset?

I guess I really should do something......

I will keep you informed! Please add your views on if I'm Lazy? or just sscared
Good luck to you. We have been out here almost a month and yes the goodbyes were heart wrenching but remember you haven't waited all this time to have second thoughts or regrets. We haven't looked back and have YET to feel homesick ~ I'm sure it'll come at some point but we threw ourselves into our new start, all the legalities, finding a home, getting the kids into school and then getting jobs (which have both managed to get on our first interviews) but our expectations have never been high.

Whereabouts are you heading?

Shame but you'll miss your first Thanksgiving.

Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:50 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck with your move, we won't be far behind you!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with it all and all the best for your new life in Canada... hopefully we will be coming over soon.
We are still waiting for LMO from Edmonton, been just over 6 weeks now so hopefully wont be too long and house sale still going through over here. I havent sorted anything yet which is starting to worry me... what ARE we going to do with all this stuff that we are not taking. Got my boxes for shipping but they are still flat!
Should only be a matter of weeks now before house is sold and I want all shipping stuff boxed ready to move to my mums until LMO arrives... thats if it is positive! YIKES!! Its hard to start though when you havent a clue when it is all going to happen!!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi good luck with the move I'll be following in very short order, I'm flying out to Vancouver on the 20th so only another 15 days. Packing is done apart from the computer , must arrange some medical insurance, cancel bike insurance and get one those dreaded insurance letters, and write a really snotty letter to the prat in No 10.

Good Luck

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 5th 2006, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Hi good luck with the move I'll be following in very short order, I'm flying out to Vancouver on the 20th so only another 15 days. Packing is done apart from the computer , must arrange some medical insurance, cancel bike insurance and get one those dreaded insurance letters, and write a really snotty letter to the prat in No 10.

Good Luck

Dozzzzy
Good luck with the move!!

Dozzzzy we're flying out to Vancouver on 29th so just over 3 weeks off. Have you had any quotes for medical insurance?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Avery will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mels123
Good luck with the move!!

Dozzzzy we're flying out to Vancouver on 29th so just over 3 weeks off. Have you had any quotes for medical insurance?
Dunno if this helps i have my medical in Edmonton in 3 hrs time, was quoted $255 all in, that was the lowest out of all the ones in Edmonton area the most being $285. And a quoted time of 2 hrs urrghh.

Avery