Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

**** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

**** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

Originally Posted by atiff23
Hi christmasoompa,
Thank you so very much for such prompt reply. well i don't have any job offer till now. i am applying as independent skilled worker, 'the list' of occupations in demand carries university professors (4121) and this ASCO list covers lectures, asst. professors and professors.
i just wanted to clear if i am eligible for this. thanks a lot...or you have any idea about jobs for university professors?
Only you can determine if you are eligible or not - to be eligible you have to be doing the 'main duties' described below as your main job................

University professors perform some or all of the following duties:

Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students

Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups

Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports

Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions

Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters

Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books

May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties

May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers

May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals

University professors specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law.

If you can honestly say you do the above as your main duties, then you would be eligible to apply (assuming you've been doing it for at least one year full-time and meet the other criteria i.e. minimum points, proof of funds, pass the medical etc). Bear in mind you'll have to prove you do the above of course, as part of your application.

Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

atiff23 is an unknown quantity at this point

so sweet of you,
yes !!! i have been doing all that stuff for the last 6 years and i do have documented proof of these.
thanks indeed
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:45 am
Banned

dave dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atiff23
so sweet of you,
yes !!! i have been doing all that stuff for the last 6 years and i do have documented proof of these.
thanks indeed
Ok im confused already!!

Im looking to relocate in Toronto where i have family.

I am 55 and do not really have to work.Do i need a canadian partner or can i just move there and find one
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave dog
Ok im confused already!!

Im looking to relocate in Toronto where i have family.

I am 55 and do not really have to work.Do i need a canadian partner or can i just move there and find one
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

You would be better off starting a new thread with all of your details on (i.e. exactly what family you have in Toronto - as they may be able to sponsor you, what job you do etc) and then people can tell you the chances of you getting a visa.

Unfortunately, there is no retirement visa for Canada, so you may need to work to get there unless family can sponsor you. And you can't just 'move there' and find a Canadian partner - you'd need the partner first to sponsor you and can't just move over without a visa!!

Hope that helps a bit, but as I said if you can give more info then people can advise you whether it's possible or not. Have a look at the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which has loads of info in to help you understand the various different options - the option discussed in this thread (Skilled Worker) is only one visa. This is a good page to start with..............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Mondkatze is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a very useful thread, thanks for maintaining it!
There is one question about the new rules that still puzzles me...
On the on hand, they stated that visa officers are not required to process applications in the order the latter have been received. On the other hand, the regulations do not "prescribe" any priority for categories. Do you guys have any ideas how local visa offices decided on this matter?
(I do suspect that they process FSW2 applications, or Experience Class in case of Buffalo before everyone else, but cannot find "hard data"...)
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:00 am
Just Joined

atiff23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am Pakistan and now want to apply for my immigrant VISA, but I don’t know the address to send my application, I feel previous has been changed and I can’t clue the new one. I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
atif
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

QUOTE=atiff23;7813747]Hi,
I am Pakistan and now want to apply for my immigrant VISA, but I don’t know the address to send my application, I feel previous has been changed and I can’t clue the new one. I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
atif[/QUOTE]

Read the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nu-outside.asp

If it is skilled worker, the preliminary application goes to Sydney NS, if you have at list 1 years experience in the "list" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...008-11-28a.asp