Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

"advanced level"/"specialized knowledge" and intra-company transfers

"advanced level"/"specialized knowledge" and intra-company transfers

Old Jul 21st 2002, 10:20 am
Corey

Default "advanced level"/"specialized knowledge" and intra-company transfers

Hello,

I have been considering the feasibility of trying to get a transfer to the canadian
branch of our company; It is a joint-venture with another (canadian) firm. According
to what I've read, under NAFTA, intra-company transfer applicants are usually
required to have "specialized" or "advanced level" of knowledge for a certain field
or situation.

Understandably, this leads to a pretty wide gray area. However, in my situation, I
feel that I might be in a favourable situation; Let me pose it to the readers of MIC.

GENERALLY, would in-depth knowledge corporate intellectual properties and/or
proprietary tools/software/techniques fall under this classification, if
aforementioned items are a main focus of said potential employment? That is, the
particular position may be no different than any other in canada, per "classifcation"
or "job title", however it requires (or desires) knowledge that only comes from prior
exposure to proprietary corporate systems.

This assumes that, of course, all of the above is accompanied by the standard "one
year in the previous three" prerequiste.

Thanks in advance.

Corey.

--
--
corey at dub dot net