can't change address online

Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Paul Tayles is on a distinguished road
Default can't change address online

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the website? I tried twice now to update my new address and when I return weeks later it still shows my old address. Perhaps I should send a case specfic email.....any help as how to do that? Cheers Paul
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:56 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can't change address online

Originally Posted by Paul Tayles
Is it just me or is there something wrong with the website? I tried twice now to update my new address and when I return weeks later it still shows my old address. Perhaps I should send a case specfic email.....any help as how to do that? Cheers Paul
Yup - send a case specific e-mail to [email protected]

Check again in 15 days - if still not changed, e-mail again.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The online address changer is hopeless, in fact it almost screwed up my entire application because it didn't update by the time I moved out in June, and then Buffalo sent me a letter, which would've got forwarded to me quicker if it were not for the postal strike which delayed it. By the time I got the letter the 60 days had almost passed and I had to ask for an extension, and now due to that, I think I'm right at the bottom of the queue.

I sent the CIC webmaster complaining and explained how it should be improved, and I even got a response, but from the sounds of your post I guess they haven't listened to my suggestions (instruct the user to additionally fax/email the visa office, or do this automatically behind the scenes somehow.)

In short, the best way to update the Visa Office with your address is to forget the online system entirely and fax it to them.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Paul Tayles is on a distinguished road

thanks guys, I'll shall fax my info.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We've been trying to change ours since we moved back in April, but despite numerous emails (both direct and case specific via the website), a letter and a couple of faxes, it's still stuck at our old address.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

That's scary for me, cause they have my Passports now, and I'll be moving to a new home in 3 weeks.... What if I haven't received them and I need to update my new address?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that the address on ECAS is only used by CIC. ie if your address changes after your application has been transferred to a local VO, one should ensure that the local VO is informed of the change. Central will not be contacting you anymore, so what ECAS displays is irrelevant.

Although the above information was from CIO agent in the call centre, so it is by no means gospel.

We had to badger CIC several times before it changed (I didn't trust having an old address showing online).
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindita
That's scary for me, cause they have my Passports now, and I'll be moving to a new home in 3 weeks.... What if I haven't received them and I need to update my new address?
Do a forward with the post office, ours has run out now and still no update requests from CIC, despite sending numerous emails to change our address the old one is still on there just now when I checked, what's worse is last time they confirmed our change of email to our old email address ( if you see what I mean ) I do think we need to put it in writing and actually take it down to the embassy ourselves. Good luck
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I do think we need to put it in writing and actually take it down to the embassy ourselves.
We tried that a few months ago - Ecas still showing our old address!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
We tried that a few months ago - Ecas still showing our old address!
Thanks for that pleased we are not the only ones, frustrating as it is.
Old May 1st 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Just found this thread looking for case specific email address.

This is scary!

We've changed our address twice (special delivery letters to London VO).

Email response from London through contact form a month ago confirmed they had our current address and had updated their records - Address3 (ECAS showed the previous one, Address2).

ECAS then updated to our current address Address3 (spelt wrongly and postcode wrong).

Today we receive important update letter sent to Address1!
Old May 1st 2012, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I also tried to change our address and it still shows old address. it also would not accept a RR#, as we live rurally.
I sent a case specific e-mail after trying a few times.

Checked again this morning (1 week later) and still the old address
Old May 1st 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Tayles
Not sure if this will offer any reassurance but I sent a case-specific email advising CIC of our new address back in February and, although it still shows our old address online, all correspondence since has arrived at our new address (and not redirected either).
So, somebody must be updating it somewhere.
Old May 1st 2012, 1:57 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Processing a change of address request is not exactly rocket science on the part of CIC though is it? I just don't get why they have such a problem acting upon such a simple request. They insist we keep them up to date with contact information changes and yet they don't respond in kind.
Old May 1st 2012, 6:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Ecas was always a very limited thing giving only rudimentary information when it bothered to do so. It cannot have any real link to CIC data bases so updating must be occasional, as and when there is time available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.