Clarity on LMO/TWP

Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

IanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really nice
Default Clarity on LMO/TWP

Hi Guys,

So I have just been offered a position with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Toronto, in a position which I believe would allow me to apply for a TWP.

I have been in Canada (Ontario) for 14 months on an IEC visa. The visa runs out at the end of July in 2014, so I want to start the process of applying for a visa early rather than later.

PwC have offered me the option of talking to their emigration lawyers, however I wanted to see what suggestions people on here would make first, before I turn up and speak with them.

I am being brought in to help with their cyber security division - providing consultation and advice for their financial clients. I have a Masters degree where I wrote a thesis on Cyber Terrorism and mitigating the threat, alongside a Criminology undergraduate degree. I hope these will play a part in helping to legitimise my visa application.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice at this point?

Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarity on LMO/TWP

Originally Posted by IanT86
Hi Guys,

So I have just been offered a position with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Toronto, in a position which I believe would allow me to apply for a TWP.

I have been in Canada (Ontario) for 14 months on an IEC visa. The visa runs out at the end of July in 2014, so I want to start the process of applying for a visa early rather than later.

PwC have offered me the option of talking to their emigration lawyers, however I wanted to see what suggestions people on here would make first, before I turn up and speak with them.

I am being brought in to help with their cyber security division - providing consultation and advice for their financial clients. I have a Masters degree where I wrote a thesis on Cyber Terrorism and mitigating the threat, alongside a Criminology undergraduate degree. I hope these will play a part in helping to legitimise my visa application.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice at this point?

Thanks
If you want to remain in Canada permanently, then I would suggest applying directly for PR through the FSW with job stream. As you are already in Canada you can designate Ottawa as your processing office. Once you have approval (but prior to PR) if your IEC is about to expire you can apply for a bridging open work permit, with no LMO requirement.

Your other alternative would be to go through the Ontario PNP stream - though it is not cheap - and would be able to get a TWP once you have PNP nomination acceptance, with no need of an LMO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...anged#arranged

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/...NPWORKERS.html