Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Considering when I called CIC the lady on the phone seemed to have less of a clue about the subject then I did maybe it would be a good thing for them to provide both staff and applicants info on acceptable Canadian documents yes!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Considering when I called CIC the lady on the phone seemed to have less of a clue about the subject then I did maybe it would be a good thing for them to provide both staff and applicants info on acceptable Canadian documents yes!
YOu mean the CIC Mis-Information line? Don't bother.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Haha between them saying they had no record of my document and then saying the one I had sent wasn't acceptable, mis information line may be damn accurate!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 6:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

If you look around for other posts about it you'll see buckets of people complaining about information given by them. They are notorious for giving out bad information... including those on IEC permits asking about "implied status". *headdesk*
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yes I saw that mess on here, I actually feel for anyone in a more complicated application... considering the family class is meant to be straightforward

Anyway just gotta sit back and relax and wait on CIC to finish now.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:05 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

At least the IO at the land border didn't know (or maybe care) that my IEC work permit had to expire before activating the second one!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you look around for other posts about it you'll see buckets of people complaining about information given by them. They are notorious for giving out bad information... including those on IEC permits asking about "implied status". *headdesk*
Annnnd this is exactly why I came right to this forum!
We did actually get an email reply right away. The nice person informed us that we had sent our "marriage licence" and that the certificate is what's necessary…
No… you do not get to keep your marriage licence. What we sent was the certified, registered copy of our completed marriage licence from the Registrar, showing all signatures, witnesses, and details of our wedding. But I guess the piece of paper saying "Marriage Certificate" with less information on it will have to do. Hopefully it'll arrive by the end of this week, and we can get it sent express to CIC and have sponsor approval shortly after!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

itiswhatitis is an unknown quantity at this point

Question: When status goes to "Decision Made" on ECAS... will the applicant receive an email with the decision or does it only come by mail? Thank you!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 10:54 pm
Concierge

Mail, will either be copr or rejection... but as Jim said, 99.94% it's copr.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

itiswhatitis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Mail, will either be copr or rejection... but as Jim said, 99.94% it's copr.
Excellent! Thank you!

We are hoping they didn't make us send additional photos just so they could stamp "Rejected" on them! Ha! Hoping we would have received an email before hand letting us know what to expect.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally it's nearly at an end. Just checked ECAS and it's decision made. Went into process on July 28th so between then and now it changed. Thanks to everyone on the board who helped with my queries. Hopefully my COPR will come soon and I will let everyone know of my landing experience!!
Old Jul 31st 2014, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Fruit Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to those who are getting good news on your applications!

I just received a reply on a case specific enquiry I sent on 9th July! they said that the applications work on FIFO, which we know isn't the case! It also stated that they are working on Oct 13 and Nov 13 applications. So hopefully you guys will be hearing soon. I guess I just have to be patient for a little longer :/
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fruit Juice
Congratulations to those who are getting good news on your applications!

I just received a reply on a case specific enquiry I sent on 9th July! they said that the applications work on FIFO, which we know isn't the case! It also stated that they are working on Oct 13 and Nov 13 applications. So hopefully you guys will be hearing soon. I guess I just have to be patient for a little longer :/
should send a copy of the spreadsheet to show FIFO isn't working
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kwon
Finally it's nearly at an end. Just checked ECAS and it's decision made. Went into process on July 28th so between then and now it changed. Thanks to everyone on the board who helped with my queries. Hopefully my COPR will come soon and I will let everyone know of my landing experience!!
Awesome! Yours has been one of the ones I've been keeping an eye on - you're 315 days total to process, which is rather high!! Just over 10 months! But at least it's through now!! (and it's still faster than inland!!)

Originally Posted by mrpsv
should send a copy of the spreadsheet to show FIFO isn't working
Haha. Keep in mind though, they get opened FIFO, but they don't necessarily get approved FIFO! That's why we usually say it goes broadly in order... sometimes it just depends... but I know what you're getting at!
Old Jul 31st 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Just realized after the whole thing with the long-form marriage certificate that we also sent a copy of it in with my husband's switch to visitor status.

I am now slightly panicked that they won't accept it as our marriage certificate, and that his application will be rejected. Does Vegreville also ask for additional documents if needed, or could we be looking at a decline?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.